Clayton Moneymaker

Honorable
Jan 31, 2015
Hi guys, I'm currently placing an order for parts to upgrade my aging system. (The case is the Storm Trooper Stryker white case) I intended to do this earlier this year but funds got tight. Right now I'm lagging bad when trying to edit 4k footage and am in real need of an upgrade. I've got most of my components picked out already:

(here) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dFQ4tp

I'm open to suggestions on other components that may ultimately increase productivity but I'm pretty set on a $1200 budget. Ideally, the video card would float between $450 and $550.

Side note: I'm thinking I might need a higher PSU. What do you think? PCPartPicker didn't give any compatibility warnings, but I'm wondering about program spikes in power demands. I'm not an expert at this at all, just trying to learn and make smart moves. Lol

Anyway, any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Solution
My recommendation is going with the new 5700xt cards from amd. It will definitely benefit you at editing and maybe for the price you wont get as many fps as the rtx cards but amd is the way to go for editing. You can also crypto mine with amd cards if your in to those things. But for editing just buy this now is the way to go. Found this rx5700xt with discount, You shuld buy it before the discount runs out.
I have also done my research on x570 and i thing the steel legend is the way to go.

Clayton Moneymaker

Honorable
Jan 31, 2015
What sort of tasks will you be taxing the system with? I'd look at the RTX2060 Super or perhaps wait and see what the RTX3060Ti has in store for us all.

Video editing and graphic design primarily. Gaming very seldom most likely. The RTX2060 Super caught my eye but I wasn't sure about it's overall performance for content creation.

Do you think I'd experience any bottlenecking stacking layers in Premiere or running After Effects simultaneously?

Oct 2, 2020
My recommendation is going with the new 5700xt cards from amd. It will definitely benefit you at editing and maybe for the price you wont get as many fps as the rtx cards but amd is the way to go for editing. You can also crypto mine with amd cards if your in to those things. But for editing just buy this now is the way to go. Found this rx5700xt with discount, You shuld buy it before the discount runs out.
I have also done my research on x570 and i thing the steel legend is the way to go.

Solution