[SOLVED] Recommendations for Ryzen 5 2600

Greetings, I was soon planning to upgrade my build with a Ryzen 5 2600, though I am not sure which B450 chipset
motherboard would suit me best. I think the absence from the technology world for the last 3/4 years has started to show.

Here are the two sites it is possible to buy from in the country I live:

Site #1
Site #2

I don't really need any fancy features other than a CPU fan header, for my case fan.
My budget is around 100 euros. Since I believe there will be recommended motherboards at the top of my
budget, I would like to hear if there is a cheaper alternative (~80/90 euros), just to have that as an option too.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
The ASRock B450M Pro4 or B450 Pro4, depending on whether or not you need a micro ATX board or a standard ATX board, is fairly inexpensive and is very decent quality with four DIMM slots and plenty of fan headers.
The ASRock B450M Pro4 or B450 Pro4, depending on whether or not you need a micro ATX board or a standard ATX board, is fairly inexpensive and is very decent quality with four DIMM slots and plenty of fan headers.
I think a micro-ATX will suffice. I have no intentions of having multiple cards in my system by the way.

EDIT: Is there any difference between the B450M Pro4-F and Pro4? 'Cause only the Pro4-F is available.
EDIT 2: Looked it up, seems the non-F has one more chassis fan header (3 rather than 2), one more CPU fan header, and slightly better USB connection potential. I can freely assume I should be fine with the F version then, right?
I will take them into consideration.

What is your guys' opinion on the MSI B450M PRO-VDH Plus/PRO M2/Bazooka? Would those qualify as decent quality boards?

Last edited:
Any of those boards, including the Pro4-F should be fine. None of them are horrible at all. In fact, all three (Or four) are pretty decent budget options.

On another note, you're right, it has been a while since we've seen you active here, so welcome back.
Alright, it's good to have confirmation from someone more knowledgeable that I'm not buying something low quality for the money I have. I guess I'll choose the one you and PC Tailor suggested which looks the nicest B)

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited: