i5 7400
MSI RX 480 4GB Gaming X
Gigabyte GA-H110-D3A motherboard
HyperX Savage 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL 12
240GB Kingston A400 SSD
1TB HDD WD Blue
Seasonic FOCUS Plus 80+Gold 550W PSU

The game is on the SSD.

So the first 30 minutes I've played with a mix between medium/high settings using Vulkan because the game decided they were the best for my system. I had around 40-50 fps at 1080p (totally fine for me). After the first 30 minutes I started to notice some really weird freezes and decided to try Directx 12. The game crashes in the menu if I even try to load the story mode.
Now back to using Vulkan but the graphics seem weird now and I still have these weird freezes. What happend? I thought AMD and Vulkan are in love with each other.
I also have Doom 2016 and runs like a charm on ultra settings 1080p using Vulkan (100+ fps all the time).

ionutz4krew

Prominent
Apr 11, 2018
Read Dead is having performance issues since it's very recent release. Lot of people are having issues and I'd wait for an update before assuming it's something else since other games run fine.

I was not expecting this kind of trouble with the game. Especially from a studio like Rockstar...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Gta 5 also had problems early on. Give it time, im sure Rockstar will get it sorted asap. That's the trouble nowadays, new released games have become more or less open betas.

Solution