Question Red VGA and Boot lights when booting but otherwise normal performance???

Mar 22, 2024
Hey everyone,
Pretty new to the PC building world and just had a question about a potential issue I have recently found. For reference my current build is below:

Mobo: Asrock x570 Phantom gaming 4
CPU: (was AMD 3600x) is now AMD 5600x
GPU: RTX 3070
Memory: Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb 3600MHz
Power: EVGA 750w G+
SSD: Corsair 500Gb m.2 2280 NVMe PCIe

So before today I had never had any issues with my PC. Today however, after swapping out my CPU from the 3600x to the 5600x I was noticing something weird when booting. Both the VGA and Boot LEDs on my motherboard would turn on red when I start up the PC. From there though it seems to post fine, my display works, and once it gets into my start up menu the lights turn off and I don’t seem to have any problems. To make sure my GPU was running correctly I ran the Heaven benchmark at its highest settings and it also seemed to handle this fine (got up to 100% GPU usage, all GPU fans turn on). I have also doubled checked the GPU power cables and they are plugged in correctly and reseated the RAM as well.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing these lights to show up when booting? I assume the fact they’re there means that something is messing up but I can’t figure out what it could be. Also does the fact that the lights turn off and it runs fine once finished booting mean that I should just not worry about it and only start stressing if I get an actual problem? I am open to any and all advice/suggestions.

Thanks

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
If the PC boots fine, no issues when using it, nothing to worry about.

See if updating the BIOS will fix it.
It's always a good idea to be on the latest BIOS anyways, whether it fixes it or not.