[SOLVED] Reinstalled windows 10 and have been having network issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2022
Out of the blue this morning my pc kept getting BSODs. After researching the error codes I was getting I figured the only fix would be to reinstall windows. So I went to reinstall it but it went to another bsod mid way through the install. Then my pc kept booting into a bsod and powering off. So I went into my bios and wiped my boot drive completely. Then I reinstalled windows and it booted up but it will not connect to the internet via wifi or Ethernet, under device manager there isn’t even a tab for network adapters, and the troubleshooter says that there is no networking hardware available. I’ve been troubleshooting for hours and none of the solutions match my problem. My motherboard is an Asus Rog b550f, and I have tried installing the lan drivers for the board but they won’t install and an error comes up in command prompt. If anyone has any help please let me know, thanks in advance

Solution
To absolutely eliminate a motherboard issue download any current Linux Live distribution (Ubuntu works well as a test environment) and install to a suitable USB stick. Then boot into the Linux environment and see if networking comes up by opening a browser. If not then you've found your problem (Motherboard), and if it does come up you've also found your problem (Windows)
If the hardware exists and is at least functional to the point that Windows picks up the signature then there will at least be an entry on the devices list, under other, showing the PNP ID if no drivers are installed. If there are no such entries then your interface/s have either failed or are disabled in BIOS.

Feb 24, 2022
If the hardware exists and is at least functional to the point that Windows picks up the signature then there will at least be an entry on the devices list, under other, showing the PNP ID if no drivers are installed. If there are no such entries then your interface/s have either failed or are disabled in BIOS.
I have enabled the lan and wifi in the bios. Is this a motherboard issue then? Would replacing the mobo fix it?

Feb 24, 2022
If you're not seeing at least the PNP ID on the devices list and you've verified that the settings in BIOS are not for disabled then likely yes, something motherboard related.
Windows also seems to be missing some settings and features, I’m not sure if this is just because there’s no internet connection available or if this could be a windows problem. I just want to be sure before I buy a new mobo

To absolutely eliminate a motherboard issue download any current Linux Live distribution (Ubuntu works well as a test environment) and install to a suitable USB stick. Then boot into the Linux environment and see if networking comes up by opening a browser. If not then you've found your problem (Motherboard), and if it does come up you've also found your problem (Windows)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.