I am using the VNC program to connect my portable (Professional XP) with my
office computer (home XP) via the internet. After a lot of tweeking I can
access my computer without any problem. My problems begin after I access my
computer my problems begin as my connection speed is so slow as almost not to
be useable.

Is there any way to increase my connection speed is 100 mgb per second,
which of course is a theory because it does not always operate at that speed
but I would think that this is capable of supporting a connection at a
reasonable speed.

I have to turn my firewall off in order to use VNC! this makes me
uncomfortable. Is there a way to use a VNC connectin and still keep the
firewall active?

Thank you for your help.

WOM

cam

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Turn on firewall, on exception, add Port TCP 5900