Remove program doesn't open up in Control Panel

All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
Program".

Any clues as to why?

Note: i keep my Norton Viruses updated and use the Microsoft Beta Spyware
program in the background.

Try typing this into "Run" dialog box (under Start menu):

"*appwiz.cpl*" (without quotes of course)

What happens? Does it open now?

--
Madboy

"prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
>Program".

I would scan the core files of Windows with the System File Checker:
"Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
(Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It worked! I hope you
are amply rewarded in this lifetime.

Peter Cohen

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
> >Program".
>
> I would scan the core files of Windows with the System File Checker:
> "Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
> (Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233

Thanks for spending the time the advice. I tried the first advice to use the
sfc.exe and I was able to use the add or remove programs window.

Prcmd

"Madboy" wrote:

> Try typing this into "Run" dialog box (under Start menu):
>
> "*appwiz.cpl*" (without quotes of course)
>
> What happens? Does it open now?
>

> --
> Madboy

"prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It worked! I hope you
>are amply rewarded in this lifetime.

You are welcome.

--
(tm)