[SOLVED] Remove Red from AOC Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticWolfPT

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
So I have been looking for a new monitor for a while, and what I'm looking for is a 1080p 144Hz monitor that is G-Sync compatible and doesn't break the bank. Considering this factors I came to the conclusion that my best option was the AOC G2590FX. The thing is the monitor has an horrible red color on its chin and me being someone that worries a lot about setup looks I can't stand it. So my question is: does anyone know someway that I can remove that red bar from it? Or maybe a cheap way to maybe paint it or something like that? Does somebody that has this monitor ever found way to remove the red bar?
Btw I know that there is a G2 special edition that is silver but it costs 300€ which is about 80€ above the 220€ I can get the monitor for.

Solution
There is a good chance that bar can be removed, but are you OK with having a hole there with maybe some monitor insides showing and exposed to damage vs just having a red bar? Or cracking another part of the case, or maybe even damaging the screen if something slips? Then you are out the money you paid since they won't take a mangled monitor back under warranty.

Get it, see if that thing pops off easily. If not, you still have a monitor. Buy some more red things to get used to the color LOL
There is a good chance that bar can be removed, but are you OK with having a hole there with maybe some monitor insides showing and exposed to damage vs just having a red bar? Or cracking another part of the case, or maybe even damaging the screen if something slips? Then you are out the money you paid since they won't take a mangled monitor back under warranty.

Get it, see if that thing pops off easily. If not, you still have a monitor. Buy some more red things to get used to the color LOL

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.