[SOLVED] Remove upright on Philips 326E8FJSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
I purchased two of there monitors to use as a VESA mounted dual display. According to the Tom's review, "The upright is already attached, so you’ll have to remove it before using third-party hardware for mounting with the four 100mm VESA lugs."

How do you remove the upright? I cannot figure it out and don't want to remove the protective plastic if I am going to try to return.

USAFRet

Titan
I purchased two of there monitors to use as a VESA mounted dual display. According to the Tom's review, "The upright is already attached, so you’ll have to remove it before using third-party hardware for mounting with the four 100mm VESA lugs."

How do you remove the upright? I cannot figure it out and don't want to remove the protective plastic if I am going to try to return.
What does the user manual say?

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
It doesn't say anything. In fact, the only documentation included was warranty information and a quick start guide. I tried to find a manual online and there was no mention there either.

I figured that since there are mounting holes, and the review mentioned it, there must be a way to remove that upright.

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for your help. The specific model is Philips 326E8FJSB. Here are a few photos:

1. Looking at the bottom of he monitor where the stand attaches. That square bit seems to be a toggle switch.
Ism2BFn.jpg

2. A top down view of the back.
JZFoMTl.jpg

3. A side view of where the upright attaches.
Vpx7Lms.jpg

4. And finally, the sticker with the model info.
eQHeF9c.jpg

Jan 11, 2020
Just for an update, Philips support got back to me and said that I do indeed need to pry the back off.
Hi, I just purchased three of these monitors, trying to mount them on a triple array VESA stand, and I am in exact same situation. Can you please share exactly how you removed your default stand? Thanks.

G

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi. I'm sorry to report that I never got the backs off. I tried for quite a while and after damaging the plastic a bit on one of them, decided to just cut off the base as close to the monitor as I could. It's not perfect, but serviceable. I wrote back to Philips twice to get more guidance, but they never replied.

milad.kassaie

Commendable
Sep 11, 2017
Thanks!
Could you post a closeup of the serial number sticker on the back of the panel? I'm trying to identify the panel on this model. I can see the sticker on your pictures but the resolution doesn't let me read it

Jan 6, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with a very similar issue - My 2020 model Philips 276E8VJSB has the same issue, however no VESA mounting point - I bought an adapter so that's no problem. However, I'm experiencing the same issue with my upright. When prying the back off using the images sent by Boltunsls, the bezel on the bottom comes off, rather than the back. For such an experienced company, it's surprising that Philips doesn't make it easier for their monitors to have their stands removed!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with a very similar issue - My 2020 model Philips 276E8VJSB has the same issue, however no VESA mounting point - I bought an adapter so that's no problem. However, I'm experiencing the same issue with my upright. When prying the back off using the images sent by Boltunsls, the bezel on the bottom comes off, rather than the back. For such an experienced company, it's surprising that Philips doesn't make it easier for their monitors to have their stands removed!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is 2 yrs old.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.