Apr 27, 2021
Hello,
I bought my computer as a custom workstation from an online store many years ago. I've gotten a new computer and I wish to sell some of the disk drives from the old computer.

The 4 Intel DC S3500 Series 800GB SATA III SSD are in RAID0 with a MARVELL controller. They are not the OS drive.

I have a couple questions:
  1. How can I remove the RAID 0 so that they return to individual drives ?
  2. How can I remove the drives safely from my computer?
Thank you!

Apr 27, 2021
Thank you for the reply, @Ralston18.

I don't know how the RAID was setup: Windows or BIOS. I think it was BIOS because I don't see separate entities in the Disk Management dialog.
IJRzM7m.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
So no need to save or recover data from RAID E: - correct?

Are you able to open the host computer's case and physically remove Disk 0 (RAID E: ?

In BIOS can you see where to turn off RAID 0? Post that image as well.

The next step would be to turn BIOS RAID off and look for two entities/partitions if I am following correctly.

Apr 27, 2021
So no need to save or recover data from RAID E: - correct?

Are you able to open the host computer's case and physically remove Disk 0 (RAID E: ?

In BIOS can you see where to turn off RAID 0? Post that image as well.

The next step would be to turn BIOS RAID off and look for two entities/partitions if I am following correctly.

Thank you for the reply @Ralston18 !

I am able to open the case and physically remove Disk 0, RAID E:.

I'm currently backing up the drive (the data can be deleted afterwards), so I will post a photo of my BIOS when I'm able to restart my machine. Hopefully I'll be able to identify where I can turn off RAID.

Apr 27, 2021
Hello,
These are my BIOS.

The first is my American Megatrends. I didn't see anything explicit about enabling/disabling RAID, but just the Marvell SATA Configuration.

3tCOFnJ.jpg

LnO7xwr.jpg

Here is my Marvell BIOS
IXrjKH8.jpg

oQW8Dle.jpg

WlDZQLP.jpg

If I press ENTER on the HBA 0: Marvell 0 option, it shows "[Configuration Wizard]" but it is greyed out.

If I press ENTER on the RAID option, I get the option to "Delete" (the Selected Virtual Disk).

If I press ENTER on the individual SSDs, I get the Option to "Erase RAID Config Data".

Can anyone please advise on how to disable the RAID0 on these drives so I can safely format & remove them individually?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021
If I go to Disk Management, I see this...
Glwfcsq.jpg

I continued with MBR.

I now see 4 disks that are "Unallocated." I have chosen to create a New Simple Volume and proceeded with NTFS. Seems to be working now.

Last edited: