acegoku

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hello, I tried to dual boot ubuntu with my windows 10 but after what seemed to be a successful attempt, i realized that it just did not work anymore the boot ui (where it allowed me to select which OS I would like) just did not show up and I got booted straight to windows. On top of that, I had a few weird issues such as a system error when loading onto my windows that I never had before.

I decided to remove it and just use a VM so after removing the partitions on my HDD (my D drive), there was 1 more in my C drive known as the EFI System partition. Is this safe to remove? It not labeled under NTFS and I am not even allowed to delete it.

Here is an image
thank you!

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
Hello, I tried to dual boot ubuntu with my windows 10 but after what seemed to be a successful attempt, i realized that it just did not work anymore the boot ui (where it allowed me to select which OS I would like) just did not show up and I got booted straight to windows. On top of that, I had a few weird issues such as a system error when loading onto my windows that I never had before.

I decided to remove it and just use a VM so after removing the partitions on my HDD (my D drive), there was 1 more in my C drive known as the EFI System partition. Is this safe to remove? It not labeled under NTFS and I am not even allowed to delete it.

Here is an image
thank you!
This partition (formatted as FAT32) is generated if your hard drive was initialized as GPT after installing Windows. And as you said, Windows won't let you delete it and if you could (through 3rd party software) you'll render your system unbootable.