[SOLVED] Removing Windows in a Drive

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
Im planning to purchase 2 ssd one for my PC (the one im using to type this topic on) and one for the Family PC
these PCs has windows in it (obviously) and i want to remove Windows so ill have just my files and Windows will be on the SSD
how can i do this?

Solution
Recommend a better drive. A Crucial MX500, for instance.
500GB = $65.

Given a 500GB target SSD, if you can get the actual consumed space to below 400GB, we can clone the entirety over to a new 500GB SSD.

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
It is near impossible to remove "only windows" from a drive.

The better way to do this is to save off any personal files from that drive, and then wipe it completely.
Then, you can move things back.
i was thinking of doing that my file from mech hard drive bigger than the SSD
should i put my file to my external hdd instead and format the HDD?
but what about the programs should just reinstall them again?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
1 system at a time.

What size is the current HDD?
How much space is actually consumed on each?
What SSD's are you considering? make/model/size.
my PC has 500GB (only few file because it’s rarely used) and the other one has 1TDB with somewhat over 500GB of files which most of the files are photos the Family PC serves as a archive of photos i scared of losing these file in the process of moving them on another drive

i considering buying two Kingston A400 SSDs at 240 or 480 GB (since it has a small price difference)

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
If that is a desired option, we can go into details.
i found that SSD (the kingston one) at a cheap price in my country cus SSDs in my country are super expensive

that SSD(kingston) is at ₱2,846(55.07 USD) 480 GB and 120 GB for ₱1,596 (about $30.88) and the crucial SSD is over 120$ when i convert it
at other brands almost share the same price as the crucial SSD you recommended