Question replacement of my aio

Jul 13, 2024
i plan to buy TH420 ARGB Sync All-In-One from Thermaltake.
is it good aio and worthy to buy?

my current aio Lian Li Galahad 360 Black stop working after 2 and half years i plan to buy new one i want to go with 420mm aio this time because my case support up to 420mm aio at top and front of it.
my pc specs are:
mobo: rog crosshair viii extreme
cpu: ryzen7 5700x
gpu: amd radeon™ rx 6700 xt
case: asus hyperion
current aio: Lian Li Galahad 360 (stop working and dead)
and no overclocking at all.

i dont have plan to upgrade it for few year any one here using this model or brand in here?
any complain or problem this model have?

our city pc part store have few others:
thermaltake water 3.0 360 argb
thermaltake th360 - snow edition
deepcool lt720 - black
silverstone pf360 argb v2
silverstone icegem 360
deep cool ld360 liquid cpu cooler
msi coreliquid 360r v2 liquid cooling system
deep cool ls720 white
antec symphony 360 argb cpu liquid cooler

antec vortex 360 argb aio cpu liquid cooler

i choose that thermaltake th420 but i want to know compare to other i list here is it good and safe(chance of leaking)after few year or even less than that?
any suggestion from those list you are have in terms of better cooling and longivity plus quality?
thanks in advance

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Indeed, a 360mm AIO isn't necessary for a 5700X. Get a Thermalright Phantom Spirit, or one of their many AIOs.

my current aio Lian Li Galahad 360 Black stop working after 2 and half years
That's still under warranty, isn't it? Why not try that route first, they might upgrade you to their Galahad II Performance if there are no Galahad 1s left. Then in the mean time, get an air cooler to hold you over while you wait.

i choose that thermaltake th420 but i want to know compare to other i list here is it good and safe(chance of leaking)after few year or even less than that?
any suggestion from those list you are have in terms of better cooling and longivity plus quality?
-AIOs are made leak RESISTANT, not leak proof. The latter may not yet be possible, plus there's nothing stopping the end user from being too rough with one, if they choose.

-Many models out there share the same OEM/ODM, meaning they're virtually the same on the inside, just the vendor slaps their brand name and fans(or other accents) on 'em. Few modes are from in-house designs.

-You're going to need to buy all those coolers, tune the fans of each unit to your comfort zone, and then compare the results, because there's no way the acoustics of all those fans will be the same, as well as how case+cpu cooling is affected.

Reactions: Monica 1981
Jul 13, 2024
Indeed, a 360mm AIO isn't necessary for a 5700X. Get a Thermalright Phantom Spirit, or one of their many AIOs.

That's still under warranty, isn't it? Why not try that route first, they might upgrade you to their Galahad II Performance if there are no Galahad 1s left. Then in the mean time, get an air cooler to hold you over while you wait.

-AIOs are made leak RESISTANT, not leak proof. The latter may not yet be possible, plus there's nothing stopping the end user from being too rough with one, if they choose.

-Many models out there share the same OEM/ODM, meaning they're virtually the same on the inside, just the vendor slaps their brand name and fans(or other accents) on 'em. Few modes are from in-house designs.

-You're going to need to buy all those coolers, tune the fans of each unit to your comfort zone, and then compare the results, because there's no way the acoustics of all those fans will be the same, as well as how case+cpu cooling is affected.
i was not happy with lian li so i try to replace it soon but luckly its stop working.
i want to upgrade my pc end of this year because its my work pc.
about fans im not using the fan come with aio i have my noctua fans and happy with them.
for OEM/ODM, you are right most like them specially pump.
from that list i write because only those are rn have access to in my local pc part which one you choose can you tell me and also tell me why?
thanks alot

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you're going to use some Noctua fans you already have, then that causes the selection to matter less.
Fans make up a large part of cpu AIO performance, since they serve as both cpu and case fans, and you have eliminated that variable with fans you already intend to use.

Cooler cold plates will have slight concavity/convexity to them, causing some coolers to be a little more effective on one platform vs another. Testing multiple coolers across multiple platforms eats up lots of time, and I'm sure no one has gone through all of the coolers listed.

MAG Coreliquid V2. The V1s had QC issues that V2 supposedly fixed, but these are pump in rad units, in which users were exposing the pumps to air. These are for vertical radiator installations only.

Pick the one with the nicest looking cpu block...