Question Replacing memory bank on MSI 1050 ti OC

Dec 9, 2021
Hello , I have this 1050 ti that doesn't display but monitor backlight is on , it takes a 30-45 seconds for the pc to boot with it (i played some music while no display and it worked),
I believe "TechCemetery" said that it's faulty memory symptom
when i put the IGPU as primary in Bios i could see the 1050TI in device manager .
I ran a memory test with mats and this is the report .
What i understand from it that the faulty memory bank is B1 Screenshot
1 - Can someone confirm that's the correct memory bank B1 ?
2 - This is the memory model Samsung 701 K4G80325FB-HC28 Screenshot , What other models i can put there ?
3 - Should i get the memory bank from a donor card or just order it from china ?

Mod Edit - Find another location for your content or use the CODE function of the forums.

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
How old is the gpu? Can contact the maker and see if there is still warranty on it.

Would myself not try to replace such a part.

You live in a humid environment? Ask since i see what looks like rust on some parts (VRM's) on that pcb,

KUusDM5.png

wonder if there could be some moisture between the pcb and memory modules and thus for them not to work correctly.

Dec 9, 2021
How old is the gpu? Can contact the maker and see if there is still warranty on it.

Would myself not try to replace such a part.

You live in a humid environment? Ask since i see what looks like rust on some parts (VRM's) on that pcb,

KUusDM5.png

wonder if there could be some moisture between the pcb and memory modules and thus for them not to work correctly.
1- The gpu is about 4 years old .
2- I don't live in a humid environment .
3- VRMs don't have rust, that's the color near them (don't know why though) , i did a voltage measurements based on what i saw on repair videos it's fine , the problem seems with that chip
I found this datasheet for the chip model , i'll try to replace it with the same model .
Thank you for your reply .
Also i found this WIKI that help diagnose the GPUs ,in case someone needs it .

TRENDING THREADS