[SOLVED] Reset BIOS settings to Default now games run bad

Nov 16, 2019
Reset BIOS settings to Default now games run bad

heres the test cpu and gpu running not like they should do i need help.

Please help me! Thank you! :D

csgo run 100/200 fps now it wont run on all low 40 fps with massive drops please help me
specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8150

RAM: 8GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR3

MOTHERBOARD: GA-970A-D3 (Socket M2)

Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6950 POWERCOLOR 1GB

Storage 1T Hitachi HDD

ttps://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21795496

Last edited:
Solution
So I fricked up my graphic card one of the screws broke off on it now idle pc is 80celsius so I probs need to save up for a new GPU :( life is sad
You might be able to remove the broken screw with some tools. As a temporary fix, if you can get the broken screw out, replace it with one of the other screws that do not hold the heat-sink down near the GPU chip. Basically one of the screws at the rear of the card.

If you can't remove the broken screw, you could sell the card and put that toward a new card. If you can't buy a new card, try looking through used markets for your region. I don't know where you live or what your currency is, so I can't really suggest a replacement other than performance upgrades. A GT 1030 is a little...

Ralston18

Titan
The default settings are just a starting point for the computer.

The motherboard's manual should provide the applicable information and details.

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-d3_v.3.x_e.pdf

BIOS settings are in Section 2, beginning on Page 29.

(Do verify that I found the correct User Manual for your motherboard.)

Somewhere along the way someone made configuration changes to the default BIOS settings to improve system performance and the games ran well.

When you chose the Default option, BIOS "forgot" about all those settings.

You will need to determine what those game configuration settings were and reconfigure BIOS accordingly.

Nov 16, 2019

Somewhere along the way someone made configuration changes to the default BIOS settings to improve system performance and the games ran well.

You will need to determine what those game configuration settings were and reconfigure BIOS accordingly.

yes its that motherboard but i dont remember any settings in the BIOS what should i do?

Nov 16, 2019

Could we talk on instagram tomorow my instagram is

@ ------ [Moderator edit to remove personal information.]

cause im 15 years old and i dont understand anything about BIOS and dont want to mess around it myself thank you

Reseted BIOS settings to Default now games run bad

heres the test cpu and gpu running not like they should do i need help.

Please help me! Thank you! :D

csgo run 100/200 fps now it wont run on all low 40 fps with massive drops please help me
specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8150

RAM: 8GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR3

MOTHERBOARD: GA-970A-D3 (Socket M2)

Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6950 POWERCOLOR 1GB

Storage 1T Hitachi HDD

ttps://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21795496
The memory is currently set to DDR3 1066Mhz judging by the userbench results. You will need to download and run CPU-Z. In CPU-Z on the SPD tab, select a slot in the drop down box until you find a module and then list the part number in your next post here. Once we determine what brand and model your memory is we can guide you to changing it to the correct settings.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. We do need more information per @Third-Eye 's suggestion.

However, the benchmark results also implicate the Graphics Card as seriously underperforming.

Followed by the CPU.

For the moment I suggest making no changes until we are sure about what BIOS is installed.

@AndroNova - you have two jobs now: 1) providing information about your system, and 2) studying the BIOS screens and options on your computer. Learn your way around BIOS with regards to menus, options, and what settings are available.

Be careful not to change anything. Always, for the moment, exit without saving.

Later when you will be making specific changes you will be changing only one thing at a time and saving that change. The overall idea being that if things go wrong you can go back into BIOS and reverse that change.

Keep notes, go online to look up things that you do not understand and/or post accordingly.

Overall, being "15 years old" is in your favor plus (good news) your computer is working even if "games run bad".

Learning about your computer and how it works will make you a better gamer.

The hard part will be being patient.....

Nov 16, 2019
I dont know what version of BIOS i have and the ram is
Kinston 2x sticks of 4GB DDR3 max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800MHZ)
Serial number is: 2F16E082
Part Number: KHX1600C9D3/4GX
idk if this is useful but there u go

I dont know what version of BIOS i have and the ram is
Kinston 2x sticks of 4GB DDR3 max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800MHZ)
Serial number is: 2F16E082
Part Number: KHX1600C9D3/4GX
idk if this is useful but there u go
Ok so, you know how to enter the bios already. When you enter it you want to open the menu called MB Intelligent Tweaker and go to the option that says Core performance boost and press enter and select enabled. The base frequency of your CPU should be 3.6Ghz and the boost should be 4-4.2Ghz.

Still in M.I.T menu, you want to find Set Memory clock, and then press enter for a selection menu to pick 1600Mhz. With all settings already set to auto, this should set your memory to 1600Mhz and cas latency to 11 and memory voltage should be unchanged at 1.5v. This should fix memory for now. Your memory kit is capable of better cas latency and tighter timings but for now CL11 will do.

Once you have changed everything, press F10 to save and exit. Run user benchmark again and report back with the link as you did before.

Nov 16, 2019
Set cpu clock ratio to x20 4000mhz
Northbridge freq is 2200
Core pert boost is on
Cpu ration is 4200
Turno cpb is disabled
Cpu host clock control auto 200
Pcie mhz auto
Ht link freq 2400mhz
Dram e.o.c.p disabled
Set memory clock manual x8. 00 1600mhz
Dram config press enter
System voltage control is auto
Normal cpu vcore 1.3000V

Nov 16, 2019
I got wierd graphic drivers i cant find drivers for mine when i go to amd i find for a other type of a 6950 so that might be the problem idk when i checked driver easy like it says im missing alot of drivers but i dont know how to install them manually

The CPU is still not set correctly which is the main issue at the moment. You can have a look over the manual for your motherboard for reference. Page 33 labelled 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) is where we are focused currently. https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-970a-d3_e.pdf

These are the settings you should have on the first page of MB Intelligent Tweaker for the CPU and memory:
CPU Clock Ratio [Auto] 3600Mhz
CPU NorthBridge Freq. [Auto] 2200Mhz
Core Performance Boost [Enabled]
CPB Ratio [Auto] 4200Mhz
CPU Host Clock Control [Auto]
CPU Frequency(MHz) 200
PCIE Clock(MHz) [Auto]
HT Link Width [Auto]
HT Link Frequency [Auto] 2600Mhz
DRAM E.O.C.P [Disabled]
Set Memory Clock [1600Mhz or 8X} I don't actually know what shows up when you select anything other than auto for this option.
Memory Clock x8 1600Mhz

Other than the memory speed and the Core Performance Boost, everything set to Auto should already have the correct values, but if they don't match what I have listed above, you need to set it so they match those settings.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
Seems to be a plan and process developing.

Get the CPU resolved per the preceding post. Then, if necessary, the next step may be the GPU.

And after that, the "missing" drivers.

One manageable step at a time with a specific problem in mind and a specific solution to be applied.

Nov 16, 2019
Run user benchmark again and post the results. Hopefully the problem is close to being fixed
The CPU is running above expectations? :D whaat
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21820818
Everything is better now
for now we need just to fix graphic card and i think its drivers probably

cant find drivers if u guys can help me i need a Amd Radeon HD 6950 PowerColor 1GB
ty again for helping me !

Last edited: