pat

Expert

I went on a two week vacation and came back to find all of my icons about a
quarter of an inch wide and the font so tiny I could barely see it. I'm
really not a computer whiz and have tried the large font, which didn't work,
and it's still the same way. My start button on the bottom is about a half
an inch wide.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

There is a simple way to reset the size to the default.

right click on the desktop
choose properties
select the appearance tab
select the windows xp style.
select the blue or green or silver colour scheme.
set the font size to normal
click on Apply.

The screen settings will be set back to the default settings.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"Pat" wrote:

> I went on a two week vacation and came back to find all of my icons about a
> quarter of an inch wide and the font so tiny I could barely see it. I'm
> really not a computer whiz and have tried the large font, which didn't work,
> and it's still the same way. My start button on the bottom is about a half
> an inch wide.
>
> Can anyone help me?

pat

Expert

Thank you but it didn't work. I went in and did a system restore back to the
day before we left; and now everything is fine again. Thank you anyway for
your help.

"M. Rajesh" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a simple way to reset the size to the default.
>
> right click on the desktop
> choose properties
> select the appearance tab
> select the windows xp style.
> select the blue or green or silver colour scheme.
> set the font size to normal
> click on Apply.
>
> The screen settings will be set back to the default settings.
>
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com.
>
> "Pat" wrote:
>
> > I went on a two week vacation and came back to find all of my icons about a
> > quarter of an inch wide and the font so tiny I could barely see it. I'm
> > really not a computer whiz and have tried the large font, which didn't work,
> > and it's still the same way. My start button on the bottom is about a half
> > an inch wide.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?

Sandman

Assume you are in Classic view for Control Panel and go to Display....Then
Appearance, Advanced and there is a drop down menu where you can change Icon
size and other such stuff. If you notice; there is an entree for Title Bar
on active window... If you chnage that it will also change your taskbar at
the bottom of your screen.. If you mess with it, you can get the combination
you want...
You're welcome.
"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I went on a two week vacation and came back to find all of my icons about
> quarter of an inch wide and the font so tiny I could barely see it. I'm
> really not a computer whiz and have tried the large font, which didn't
work,
> and it's still the same way. My start button on the bottom is about a
half
> an inch wide.
>
> Can anyone help me?

pat

Expert

Thank you for your help; but it didn't work. Doing a system restore seems to
be the only thing that put it back to normal.