Oct 4, 2019
Hi,
This is my problem :

When I click on "restart" button or do an update, the shutdown screen freezes after about ~20 seconds and I must turn off my PC with the power button. And when I restart the PC, I have the Windows 10's logo and a boot loop (loading of the OS) which freezes after ~10 seconds.
Every time, I have to do with difficulties a recovery of files or the reinstallation of windows 10 to reuse my computer.
It's going to be 6 months that I have this problem and I try all : windows recovery, reinstall Windows 10, command prompt, uninstalling update and this problem still persists.

I think my problem comes from a driver but I don't know which one or what to do.
Could you help me clarify this problem ?

PC Config :
  • HPE-550fr (model)
  • Windows 10
  • Intel I7-2600 CPU
  • GTX 460
  • 12 GB RAM

Thanks

Solution
its odd it freezes on a restart. Restarts are one of the few times a PC with fast startup turned on is actually off.

Have you tried a clean boot to see if that resolves it?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program.

You could, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame. Or just leave it as is and try to update.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its odd it freezes on a restart. Restarts are one of the few times a PC with fast startup turned on is actually off.

Have you tried a clean boot to see if that resolves it?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program.

You could, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame. Or just leave it as is and try to update.

Solution