Resurrecting a dead sim in the game? (University)

Tragically, one of my favorite sims passed away in the second semester of
her senior year in university. She had a 4.0 GPA and I was so proud of
her. She got food poisoning the day before her final exam.

I sent her to the Secret Society House (she was a member), and had her
make medicine and then drink the medicine, but it didn't save her. When
she returned to the dorm, I tried to send her directly to bed, but she
walked into the bathroom and collapsed and expired. I replayed the
scenario several times without saving, and no matter what I tried to have
her do, she would walk to the bathroom, collapse and the Grim Reaper
would take her. (Also, this cleared out everyone in the dorm, including
her townie fiancee and there was no urn.)

Now, I'm back in the neighborhood, and one of her best friends has had a
'want' appear to resurrect her. The detail balloon for the want
indicates that she might be brought back to life with the "Resurrect-O-
Nomitron" and lots of simoleans.

I can't find the Resurrect-O-Nomitron anywhere. Has anyone else found
this and where is it, and how is it used?

Thanks!

The resurrect-O-Nomitron is a career reward item for the paranormal career
track. (the little treasure chest with a deak beside it). If you pay the
reaper enough money, your sim will return as a zombie (grey skin, drooping
head, infertility, but otherwise normal- I haven't heard of them feasting on
brains). You can also use sim PE if you want her back as a non-zombie. Good
luck!
"Amateur" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Tragically, one of my favorite sims passed away in the second semester of
> her senior year in university. She had a 4.0 GPA and I was so proud of
> her. She got food poisoning the day before her final exam.
>
> I sent her to the Secret Society House (she was a member), and had her
> make medicine and then drink the medicine, but it didn't save her. When
> she returned to the dorm, I tried to send her directly to bed, but she
> walked into the bathroom and collapsed and expired. I replayed the
> scenario several times without saving, and no matter what I tried to have
> her do, she would walk to the bathroom, collapse and the Grim Reaper
> would take her. (Also, this cleared out everyone in the dorm, including
> her townie fiancee and there was no urn.)
>
> Now, I'm back in the neighborhood, and one of her best friends has had a
> 'want' appear to resurrect her. The detail balloon for the want
> indicates that she might be brought back to life with the "Resurrect-O-
> Nomitron" and lots of simoleans.
>
> I can't find the Resurrect-O-Nomitron anywhere. Has anyone else found
> this and where is it, and how is it used?
>
> Thanks!

Amateur wrote:
<snip>
> I can't find the Resurrect-O-Nomitron anywhere. Has anyone else
found
> this and where is it, and how is it used?

It's a career award for paranormal, but I think there is one in the
Secret Society House. It basically looks like a phone on a glowing
pedastal.

I love the zombies. But I hate that when you resurrect someone..they become
a part of your family. Instead of going back where they came from.

--
Nicole
YahooIM: girlsmeg

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Amateur wrote:
>> I can't find the Resurrect-O-Nomitron anywhere. Has anyone else
> found
>> this and where is it, and how is it used?
>
> It's a career award for paranormal, but I think there is one in the
> Secret Society House. It basically looks like a phone on a glowing
> pedastal.

A-Ha! I wondered about that phone thing. Too late this time...

not necessarily too late, just have someone who knew her use the phone. Of
course, seeing as it is at the Secret Society, it would have to be someone
who is in the society that you can play, or you'll have to get someone else
into the society. Just make sure if you use it, you pay enough...then she
won't be a zombie.

Good luck

lee

"Harvis" <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote:

> The resurrect-O-Nomitron is a career reward item for the paranormal
> career track. (the little treasure chest with a deak beside it). If
> you pay the reaper enough money, your sim will return as a zombie
> (grey skin, drooping head, infertility, but otherwise normal- I
> haven't heard of them feasting on brains). You can also use sim PE if
> you want her back as a non-zombie. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing this with me! I'm doing my best not to use SIm PE ...
yet ... but I think I may have to bring this Sim back as a non-Zombie.

Lee wrote:
> "Harvis" <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> The resurrect-O-Nomitron is a career reward item for the paranormal
>> career track. (the little treasure chest with a deak beside it).
If
>> you pay the reaper enough money, your sim will return as a zombie
>> (grey skin, drooping head, infertility, but otherwise normal- I
>> haven't heard of them feasting on brains). You can also use sim PE
>> if you want her back as a non-zombie. Good luck!
>
> Thanks for sharing this with me! I'm doing my best not to use SIm
PE
> ... yet ... but I think I may have to bring this Sim back as a
> non-Zombie.

You can bring them back as a non-zombie with the ressurectonomicon,
you just have to pay a lot of money to do so.

"BluLtng" <blultng7@hotmail.com> wrote:

> not necessarily too late, just have someone who knew her use the
> phone. Of course, seeing as it is at the Secret Society, it would
> have to be someone who is in the society that you can play, or you'll
> have to get someone else into the society. Just make sure if you use
> it, you pay enough...then she won't be a zombie.
>
> Good luck

Perfect! I sent her younger brother to college with lots of scholarship
$$$, then had him sell lots of paintings. (He had maxed his creativity
score). By his senior year he was in the secret society, and a few
additional counterfeit simoleons from the Secret Society House, was able to
make a successful deal with the Grim Reaper. Ginny is now back (without
being a zombie!), graduated summa cum laude, and is on to a promising
career in crime. Thanks for all the help!

"Harvis" <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote:

> The resurrect-O-Nomitron is a career reward item for the paranormal
> career track. (the little treasure chest with a deak beside it). If
> you pay the reaper enough money, your sim will return as a zombie
> (grey skin, drooping head, infertility, but otherwise normal- I
> haven't heard of them feasting on brains). You can also use sim PE if
> you want her back as a non-zombie. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the explanation. I would never have found that one on my
own. I decided to make a deal with the Grin Reaper instead, but will
probably make a zombie later on ... <evil laugh>