mlg2015

Honorable
Aug 6, 2018
So I used PC Part Picker to help me upgrade my parts from an i7 6700 to a ryzen 7 5800x.

Everything looks good; the only question I have now is whether Aura sync will work across my PC.

This is the link to my upgrades: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2Wtfxc

Any support is appreciated!

Btw:
  1. If you're wondering why I have a 5800x, it's because I want it for long term use (once I have enough money to upgrade from my RX 590).
  2. Don't worry about storage - everything will be transferred anyways.
  3. This is the same for my monitor (which is 60hz).

Solution
For the cooler you might want to look into one the uses universal ARGB
If the graphics card doesn't have rgb then don't worry about swapping that out.
Otherwise an ASUS RGB card.
That would be it really as far as I can tell.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Short answer: no

Long answer:
Nzxt uses their own software called CAM to control the lighting (along with pump speed and fans and stuff for the cooler)

If your GPU has any rgb on it, that is handled by gigabytes own software.

Aura will be able to control any lighting built into the mobo, the RAM, and any addressable RGB fans you may have. (Not including the fans on the cooler)

And you cannot sync lighting between different software for different hardware that uses proprietary lighting rather than universal ARGB

mlg2015

Honorable
Aug 6, 2018
Short answer: no

Long answer:
Nzxt uses their own software called CAM to control the lighting (along with pump speed and fans and stuff for the cooler)

If your GPU has any rgb on it, that is handled by gigabytes own software.

Aura will be able to control any lighting built into the mobo, the RAM, and any addressable RGB fans you may have. (Not including the fans on the cooler)

And you cannot sync lighting between different software for different hardware that uses proprietary lighting rather than universal ARGB

What components should I change to make it sync across my entire PC?