Hi so I needed a 650W PSU for my new pc
And I looked up Corsair's PSUs (they're the best brand available here), and I understood that the TXM series is better in overall quality than the RM 2019 series. But I only need a 650W PSU (R5 3600 + 2070S), and I can't find TX650M anywhere in stock where I live. The TX750M is about $15 more than the RM650, should I get the TXM instead of the RM? Also I'm using a 1100VA UPS (660W), I know that my system won't draw even 600W, so the 750 should be fine, but just in case.

The warranty on the RM is 10 yrs compared to the 7 on the TXM, I'm confused on which one I should get, help? thanks!

Edit: I do not care about fan noise, at all. My AC, keyboard are much louder than this and I couldn't care less

Solution
Why I'm confused is apparently the TXM is better quality, yet the RM has higher warranty? I don't understand why. And I don't know if it'll make a difference anyway?

Because the TX-M came out before Corsair increased their warranties on Gold efficiency level and up PSUs to 10 years.

I wouldn't say the TX-M is necessarily "better". It has Japanese brand capacitors. That's about it. But all capacitors used in PSUs, Japanese brand or not, are made in China. So it's a marketing thing more than anything.

Get the RM650.
I checked the link
The RMx series isn't available anywhere here either, only the RM, CXM and CX are available in 650W. Why I'm confused is apparently the TXM is better quality, yet the RM has higher warranty? I don't understand why. And I don't know if it'll make a difference anyway? But I don't want to spend extra getting more wattage I'm never gonna be able to use, let alone want to

Why I'm confused is apparently the TXM is better quality, yet the RM has higher warranty? I don't understand why. And I don't know if it'll make a difference anyway?

Because the TX-M came out before Corsair increased their warranties on Gold efficiency level and up PSUs to 10 years.

I wouldn't say the TX-M is necessarily "better". It has Japanese brand capacitors. That's about it. But all capacitors used in PSUs, Japanese brand or not, are made in China. So it's a marketing thing more than anything.

Get the RM650.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution