[SOLVED] Router recommendation

Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
Hi guys, I live in a two storey house with 4 large rooms on each floor. I was wondering if the asus ac 1200 router could provide good coverage for the entire house. Its placed on my desk in the top left room on the first floor. There are a lot of walls in the houses as well as a large pc just beside the router. Will this router be able to provide fast speeds throughout the house with not too much signal loss ??

Solution
Hi guys, I live in a two storey house with 4 large rooms on each floor. I was wondering if the asus ac 1200 router could provide good coverage for the entire house. Its placed on my desk in the top left room on the first floor. There are a lot of walls in the houses as well as a large pc just beside the router. Will this router be able to provide fast speeds throughout the house with not too much signal loss ??
High speed WIFI requires 5Ghz. 5Ghz doesn't penetrate walls very well. To get great WIFI in most houses, requires multiple WIFI sources. No single router or WIFI signal will cover most houses with high performance.

kanewolf

Titan
High speed WIFI requires 5Ghz. 5Ghz doesn't penetrate walls very well. To get great WIFI in most houses, requires multiple WIFI sources. No single router or WIFI signal will cover most houses with high performance.

Solution
What he said ^^^^^

You won't get good performance everywhere in a place that large with multiple floors without multiple units. I hate to recommend it, but the easiest way to get coverage in a place like this is to go out and get one or two of those expensive mesh setups.