Jun 25, 2019
My PC is 6 months old everything was fine until 1 week ago. When I launch a game it crashes after sometime. The more demanding it is the faster it crashes. Only WoW can recover after 5 seconds of freeze every 15 min but it uses like 50 percent GPU. I removed everything with DDU in safe mode multiple times, updated windows, formatted windows and everything, changed GPU slot non of it worked. Also enabled an disabled gaming boosts and cpu OC's. Turned on and off XMP profiles, still same. So I put back my old GTX 970, didn't crash. Then I OC'd it a lot it still managed to survive. On the other hand I tried to underclock my RTX 2070 and it worked too. As long as I underclock the core by -100 its okay. Sometimes even -50 underclock crashes the games. My usual auto OC(auto afterburner OC) settings is +140 clock but I rarely OC it and haven't done it so long. I tested it and used for a long time so its not like I pushed the limits and broke it. But now even -50 underclock hardly manages to survive. No artifacts seen though just constant freezes and crashes. I put the GPU back to its case and using my 970 right now. I wodner if I put it and use it more it will go worse? I am going to RMA it but I live in Turkey and RMA process is really cancerous since people are slow and they don't care. There is also a risk that they would say its fine and send it back after a month. That is why I just wanna be sure the GPU is faulty so they don't send it back after a month of waiting.

CPU: i7 9700k

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 WINDFORCE

RAM: GSKILL SNIPERX CAMUFLAGE 3000MHZ (2x8)

PSU: CORSAIR CX 750W

MB: MSI GAMING EDGE AC Z390

Jun 25, 2019
It might be heat throttling which could be solved by a custom water cooling loop which would increase overall performance and allow you to run your card at higher overclocks and help your cpu in the process for only about $400 which I’d assume you can afford based on how you own a 2070 and i7. Beforehand make sure there’s nothing physically broken on the interior by removing the front panel.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
An RMA is a hassle, but I think it's what you need to do if you've checked all the settings. A 2070 shouldn't be running into these problems, period. While custom loops are terrific and all, if that solved the issue, you'd only be papering over the problem, not addressing it, and then an already-struggling GPU may fail when you're past the warranty period and then you're out $500 (and I assume more in Turkey).

Jun 25, 2019
Sounds more like an issue related either to the PSU itself, and/or the GPU. Hold OLD is your PSU ?
My RTX 2070 is 6 months old after I bought it I decided to change the whole system because old rams and bottleneck pissed me off. All the parts are including PSU is 3-4 months old. Also I had no problem with 970 and they need similar power.

Jun 25, 2019
An RMA is a hassle, but I think it's what you need to do if you've checked all the settings. A 2070 shouldn't be running into these problems, period. While custom loops are terrific and all, if that solved the issue, you'd only be papering over the problem, not addressing it, and then an already-struggling GPU may fail when you're past the warranty period and then you're out $500 (and I assume more in Turkey).
Yes it its like 700$ here and since the minimum wage is like 350$ its really a lot. My RMA should last 3 years afaik.