Question RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte no screen, no fan spin, but heating up at boot

Nov 18, 2022
I have a Gigabyte RTX3070 TI that does not display nothing, and the fans do not spin even at system startup. It apears that it heats up quickly at the instant i start the system but it does nothing else.
The system i am testing it with i know it is a working one because i pluged other GPUs and they work fine.

I checked all the main voltages and there is none missing (12v, 5v, 3.3v, 1.8, 1v, 0.8v).
It does not appear to have anything shorted or blown fuses or resistors, all pcb looks fine.

When booting up there is a VGA not found beeping indicator (1 long 3 short) on an ASUS b365 MOBO, but it boots to windows anyway.
I do not think it is something about compatibility or an old bios, because i pluged in a 3060 and was working fine, so a 3070 TI should work too.

I logged in the system with the 3070 TI via remote access, and the system was working but the gpu was not detected, like it was unpluged of the pc entirely. Not showing on the device manager, or GPUZ. Only intel graphics

My conclusion is that the gpu is fried, but having all the voltages fine and all, it is wierd.

I dont know what else could be at this point. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022
I did a bios update just in case, and it appears that now it does not heat up any more, and all voltages are gone or very low. But the rest is the same

Nov 18, 2022
was it new gpu or used?

It was used, i dont know how it broke, but it is possible that it was on a pc case that fell off or something... I found 2 very little glass shards attached to the thermal pads when dissasembling it. I supouse that it was from a glass panel from a case or something. Maybe something went loose because of the suposed fall?

I have to say that that card was a RMA that was denied becasuse a little tiny scratch on the motherboard just over the PCI rail, even hard to see by eye, but i alredy cleaned and tested the continuity of the trace that was on that scratch, and it is entirely fine, that was not the problem.

View: https://imgur.com/E402Ku4

View: https://imgur.com/62cg1Je