Rumor: Dell May Purchase AMD

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verbalizer

Distinguished

I'm not saying all that....
calm down.

noonin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005

I wish they would, but when was the last time the FTC nixed a big merger? Congress is bought and paid for by these big companies. They let the United-Continental Airlines slide right on through. More like the European Union would bring the challange.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Dell? Aren't weren't they one of the pc manufacturers that made ethically challenged deals (to put it mildly) with Intel that shut out AMD cpus from their machines? Why would Dell want AMD when they've been in bed with Intel for ages?

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
For the consumers' sake, I hope it doesn't happen. There's a poor history of system companies with their own CPUs. The only one that's really still alive and kicking is IBM.

We need AMD to get back in the ring and keep Intel on its toes. Right now, you can tell that Intel is holding back - especially on value - and that's definitely not good for consumers.

ocre

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]amd is aout 6.5 billion?i think you meant 65 billion.[/citation]

No, unlike you i am not just pulling numbers out my butt. If AMD was to sell today, analyst have projected the worth to be 6.5b. Dont take my word for it, do yourself a favor and look it up. Then you wont be going around making up stuff on forums and pulling numbers out of thin air just cause you have a feeling or whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS