Running a media server using remote desktop

Greetings

I have set up a PC to be a media server (have copied all
my CDs on to it) and connected it's SoundBlaster card to
my home theatre system. Because I dont want to have a VDU
etc connected, I have installed a wireless card and can
now control it via another PC in my house.

The problem occurs when I try and play any media files
using Media Player via remote control. I have set my
Remote Desktop Connection to leave audio on the host but
I get an error message telling me that no adapter is
present. If I change this setting to bring the audio to
the remote, I can hear it on the remote PC no problems.
If I run Media Player locally on the media PC then I hear
the sound OK through my theatre system.

So basically my question is can I run Media Player via
Remote Desktop but still have the audio come out of the
host PCs SoundBlaster?

Cheers

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have this problem as well, does anyone know of a work around for this?