tricky

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet Explorer.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Runtime Error

This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every time it
happens.

what is causing this? Is there any remedy?

Thanks
Richard

"Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message
> I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet
> Explorer.
> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
>
> Runtime Error
>
> This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every
> time it happens.
>
> what is causing this? Is there any remedy?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
or
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
compiler enabled.
If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

tricky

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Thanks I checked out those links but I don't seem to have any of those
toolbar programs installed. And I don't have that Agent trojan ,well I can't
find it in my registry.

I have "Yahoo Address Auto Complete" installed in my toolbar . perhaps that
is what is causing problems for me. But for some reason I am not able to
uninstall it from add/remove programs.

Tricky

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Tricky" <me@myhome.org> wrote in message
>> I just recently started having a problem when I open Internet
>> Explorer.
>> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
>>
>> Runtime Error
>>
>> This happens about once a day. I have to do a system restore every
>> time it happens.
>>
>> what is causing this? Is there any remedy?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Richard
>
> Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
> C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
> or
> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
> also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
> compiler enabled.
> If none of that helps, try uninstalling the Google toolbar.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

tricky

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Still got big problems here. Is there a fix? Do I need to reinstall windows
, reformat? I have to resolve this problem it's driving me nuts!!!

Tricky

> Still got big problems here. Is there a fix? Do I need to reinstall
> windows , reformat? I have to resolve this problem it's driving me
> nuts!!!
> Tricky

I doubt if that will help, but I don't know what else to suggest.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com