[SOLVED] RX 470 8GB - Code 43 and no output

Apr 17, 2021
Hey!

I bought a used XFX RX 470 8GB, worked great at the owner's but I cant make it work... It gives no screen, or the two times it did it was just a mess of colourful lines like this:

View: https://imgur.com/a/GFW78mY

The GPU is detected in Win 10, but gives Code 43 (No driver installed - event when it is installed). In GPU-Z every sensor is 0, core and memory MHz is also 0. After booting to Win 10 the Fans stop (except when I used the older drivers or flashed to rx 570 bios).

So far I tried:
  • 3 different motherboards
  • BIOS switch
  • 4 different BIOS
  • many different drivers (16.x to the latest, also Microsoft Display Adapter)
  • even tried to boot up with Ubuntu, but no luck...

PSU is more then enough with 750 watts for this card.

Any suggestions? Or should I bake it? :D

Solution
Try installing the drivers again, an older version and see if that makes any difference. If you can RDP to the system after it gets to Desktop or use AnyDesk or similar. In most cases installing the drivers will sort out this issue. Also try a different port, i.e. DisplayPort, DVi and HDMI and see if that makes any difference. If it doesnt then as Nemesia said, it's a faulty GPU.
The seller showed you the card running on his side or did he just said "It works"?

That card is probably a GPU that has been mined to hell.

Maybe the card was not the one he sent you.

Try the card in another system. If it does the same thing the GPU was sold faulty.

Reactions: ProDiff
Apr 17, 2021
Try installing the drivers again, an older version and see if that makes any difference. If you can RDP to the system after it gets to Desktop or use AnyDesk or similar. In most cases installing the drivers will sort out this issue. Also try a different port, i.e. DisplayPort, DVi and HDMI and see if that makes any difference. If it doesnt then as Nemesia said, it's a faulty GPU.

Reactions: ProDiff and Nemesia
Solution
Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for the replies!

I tried all the different outputs... I think I will try to get a refund at this point :D Let's see...

If it's faulty is there a way to fix these thing? Like replace parts or something... Or it just goes to the bin?