iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Well, I have a RX 570 8GB Latest Version (19.12.3) And I noticed when seeing my Gpu Usage bouncing between 0% to 100% again and again, but my game doesn't have any FPs drops, or any FPs problems, like no performance loss at all, I wonder what's the problem and is it dangerous? What am I doing wrong?

Also the clock speed is at 588MHz, which is confusing.

A pic of it :
https://prnt.sc/qhn0ic

Last edited:
Solution
I tried it right now, while it was on Epic settings, the usage was at 100% all the time, while making it Medium-High, the usage goes from 3 to 100, while testing , my fps wasn't going down when seeing my usage drops to 3, but sometimes it drops from 160fps to like 100, but i'm pretty sure that's because of my cpu, which is bottlenecking a bit (pentium g4560)
Ok so that makes a bit more sense but it's good it stayed at 100% on Epic settings which means there's nothing wrong with the GPU. So yea you'll eventually want to upgrade your CPU but from the looks of it the performance is where it needs to be for your current parts.

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Well as you said your not seeing performance dips so I wouldn't worry too much. If your using multi monitors or alt-tabbing out though that could also be the reason for those dips.
I don't use multi monitors, and I alt tabbed and stayed for like 20 seconds seeing that, also the overlay ingame shows the same.

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Yea it's odd. If it was actually dipping that low you'd probably see that decrease in performance though.

Which game(s)?
in Cpu-Z Also shows that's the core speed is 588MHz, also in Msi afterburner, the same bouncing happens too, tried uninstalling Msi afterburner to see if it was the problem, nothing changed

iShoTz

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
The idle/browsing bounces are perfectly normal. Could you try turning up the settings on Fortnite and seeing if the dips stop?
I tried it right now, while it was on Epic settings, the usage was at 100% all the time, while making it Medium-High, the usage goes from 3 to 100, while testing , my fps wasn't going down when seeing my usage drops to 3, but sometimes it drops from 160fps to like 100, but i'm pretty sure that's because of my cpu, which is bottlenecking a bit (pentium g4560)

WildCard999

Titan
Ok so that makes a bit more sense but it's good it stayed at 100% on Epic settings which means there's nothing wrong with the GPU. So yea you'll eventually want to upgrade your CPU but from the looks of it the performance is where it needs to be for your current parts.

Solution