[SOLVED] RX 5700 XT junction temperature is still high even after heavy undervolting ?

Dec 6, 2021
FIXED: Replaced my GPU's thermal paste and now my temperatures are back to normal.

Hi,

I just conducted a Unigine Heaven Benchmark to test temps with my XFX Tripple Dissipation RX 5700 XT after finding a stable undervolt and undercllock (1905MHz, 1.0v) and I'm still having a high junction temperature of 100C peak. While this is apparently "within" spec, I've seen it go higher playing demanding games like Battlefield 2042 which worries me as I want a stable experience as I know the card starts to throttle at 110c.

I know that with other people's undervolts, they achieve greatly reduced temps when undervolting and I'm simply not achieving my desired results. The junction should be around 80C or at most 90c. Although it is certainly cooler than the default stock clock and volt given by AMD, it's not much.

Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong with my GPU?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Out of curiosity, what is the;
make and model of your case?
airflow in said case?
make and model of your PSU and it's age?
ambient room air temps?
OS version(not edition) if on Windows 10?
thermalpaste used on the GPU's die?
aftermarket thermalpads?

Hey,

Forgot to update this but I figured it out. After asking on Reddit, they recommended I replace the thermal paste. I did so and now the temperatures are where I want them.

Lutfij

Titan
airflow in said case?
ambient room air temps?
aftermarket thermalpads?

Dec 6, 2021
airflow in said case?
ambient room air temps?
aftermarket thermalpads?

Hey,

Forgot to update this but I figured it out. After asking on Reddit, they recommended I replace the thermal paste. I did so and now the temperatures are where I want them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS