Question RX 5700 XT losing screen connection.

gkdofaus

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
I’ve had my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT for about 4 months and and have been running at 1080p 60HZ and it runs flawless.
I connected my 1440P Dell monitor to it via DisplayPort and I noticed I’d lose signal and the screen would go black for a second in the middle of a battle intensive game. After swapping to a different displayport and using a new displaypott cable this problem this happened.
This 1440p Monitor doesn’t do it with my nvidia card machine. I finally bought a 144HZ 1080p (love the fast response) gaming monitor with AMD Freesync plus Gsync also and this time it started doing it again. My conclusion is 1080p at 60HZ it doesn’t loss of signal.
When gaming on my 1440p Dell it dropped out via DisplayPort however on my 1080p 144HZ Monitor it mainly drops out via HDMI.
Yes I installed the latest November drivers after DDU etc, however I don’t think it is driver related as my old RX580 doesn’t have this problem on these of these monitors. Unless the drivers is only faulty for the later AMD cards and it fine for older cars like the RX580. The black screen issue seems to common with the RX 5700 XT. What I am describing is a pain.
Any suggestions

Gordon

gkdofaus

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
What is the make/model of your power supply? When you lose signal, do you have to restart the system or does the system self recover?
Corsair CX850M.
When this happens the screen comes back a second later, no restart requires. The screen going black feels like the quick screen blank one gets when they change resolution for refresh ratios in windows. This same
PC does not do it with my RTX 2070 or RX 580 in it. I swapped both of these cards to see if it will keep doing it.

gkdofaus

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
How many displays do you have connected to your 5700 XT? Have you tried connecting to the display with a HDMI cable to see if the behavior changes?
Just 1 display at a time. On my 1440p monitor I had it connected via DisplayPort and it did this error and on my 1080p 144 HZ monitor I had it connected via HDMI so its does it on both connection types.