Question rx 5700 xt low and unstable usage

Jan 7, 2020
My rx 5700 xt most of the time has a very unstable usage. (Going from 0% to 40% down to 10% to 60% etc.) And it never really goes above 60%. I myselfe see 2 things that could cause this but am not sure what it rather is.
1: My psu which is only 500w, 600 is recommended for this card. But ive only seen people saying that it shouldnt be a problem.

2: A CPU bottleneck. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 which should be able to keep up with it but cuz I‘m currently not using dual channel RAM it may be the cause.

Id like to hear some other opinions cuz I dont want to “waste“ money on something thats not the problem since im still going to school.

Thanks for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of the PSU and it's age. Yes, it's advised to have at least 550W of power for the entire system when using a RX 5700XT. 600 would be good, 650 is better.

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update and then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then install the latest found off AMD's support site. Mind you, you will be drawing more power once you get the rams overclocked, assuming you're working with DDR4-3200MHz or higher ram kits.

Jan 7, 2020
This was my first PC I actually bought. It ran fine could play anything on atleast 60 fps. Since I‘ve got the rx 5700 xt I have more fps but theyre unstable.
unknown.png

Its kind of depressing me cuz I rly dont know whats wrong. The psu is 5 months old. I also used DDU and installed all the drivers new.

This only seems to appear while gaming. In benchmarks the gpu performs on its max potential.
unknown.png

I hope this helps in some way.