Question RX 580 on 450w PSU.

Dec 30, 2019
I have a Cooler master 450W MWE 80+bronze PSU and I recently update to an RX 580.On my system I have 2 hdd, 1 ssd, 2 case fans, a 65w CPU and 16gb 2400mhz DDR4 RAM. The card runs stock only, without problems and it can reach a maximum amount of 190w of usage.

4745454b

Titan
Will it work. Yes. Will it work long? Come back in two years and let us know how it's going.

That PSU isn't total garbage so it has a good chance of doing that. From what us mods have seen over the years is someone coming in saying doing X works, then coming back after a time saying it finally failed. If you wonder why we push so much for better PSUs, that's why.

tonklar22

Commendable
Nov 3, 2017
Yes it can run. Coolermaster is quite a reputable brand as well so you shouldn't have that much of a problem with that.

However, if you're not that tight on money, I suggest you upgrading, just to be safe

Dec 30, 2019
I have a Cooler master 450W MWE 80+bronze PSU and I recently update to an RX 580.On my system I have 2 hdd, 1 ssd, 2 case fans, a 65w CPU and 16gb 2400mhz DDR4 RAM. The card runs stock only, without problems and it can reach a maximum amount of 190w of usage.

Guys relax I am going to upgrade to a Gigabyte 650w 80+bronze PSU. I wrote that review for those who are afraid of putting such a card on a slightly smaller PSU.

Dec 30, 2019
Why do you assume a Gigabyte PSU is any better than a Cooler Master? Simply because it's 200W more.

You don't need more watts. You need a better quality PSU.
I just bought a be
Why do you assume a Gigabyte PSU is any better than a Cooler Master? Simply because it's 200W more.

You don't need more watts. You need a better quality PSU.

I finally bought a be quiet 600W psu, is that fine? .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2019
Depends on the beQuiet PSU. They only have about a dozen different models. ;-)

If it's a "System Power", you took a step backwards.

😭, I bought a system power, but it seems fine and my card consumes more watts on average, around 190w. What's the catch?

😭, I bought a system power, but it seems fine and my card consumes more watts on average, around 190w. What's the catch?
Ask here before rushing and buying anything. Return that PSU.
Cooler Master mostly uses low quality components in their PSUs.

Get a Seasonic Focus or Corsair CX550. The Focus is better but the Corsair is not bad.

Reactions: King_V
Dec 30, 2019
😭Fk, I bought a system power, but it seems fine and my cards consumes more watts on average, around 190w. What's the catch?

Guys let's make this clear, I sold the cooler master to a friend so he can build his new PC, I now have installed a be quiet PSU. I am not going to replace it because the store that I bought it, doesn't have any better at the price of 59 €. Plus it is already opened and running hours now. Pray for it.

*it doesn't seem that bad. We will see.

Guys let's make this clear, I sold the cooler master to a friend so he can build his new PC, I now have installed a be quiet PSU. I am not going to replace it because the store that I bought it, doesn't have any better at the price of 59 €. Plus it is already opened and running hours now. Pray for it.

*it doesn't seem that bad. We will see.

For 59 €, the System Power isn't horrible.

I'm just saddened by the fact that you refuse to pay more to protect your $100-$180 GPU investment.

Reactions: King_V
Dec 30, 2019
For 59 €, the System Power isn't horrible.

I'm just saddened by the fact that you refuse to pay more to protect your $100-$180 GPU investment.

I just can't afford more anyway and I did't want to buy a be quiet, I wanted a nice corsair or a seasonic, but I need these money for other things. Furthermore, my previous PSU was struggling to pull 190 watts and it had very big deeps, without pf course regaining them. On the other hand the bequiet averages around 190 on FURMARK and other similar stress tests. Of course I know that the bequiet is inferior but it is ok, I'll let you know if something happens :)