BigBossDarunia

Honorable
Jul 12, 2016
Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RX 6700XT MECH 2X 12G OC

CPU: RYZEN 9 3900X

Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

BIOS Version: Not Sure

RAM: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

PSU: EVGA1000W 80+ GOLD

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19042

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.6.2

Description of Original Problem: PC is crashing while gaming, GPU fans will ramp up (junction temp around 87 when it crashed) and then it will crash to a black screen and I have to reset the computer to bring it back. I've been testing it with a benchmark to see if I can cause the crash and it seems to trigger around the same point every time. Works fine doing normal work but seems to crash anytime there is a load put on it.

Troubleshooting: Reinstalled the GPU drivers multiple times. Not really sure what else to try. I'm assuming its something with the GPU

Lutfij

Titan
If you're able to get into your OS GUI, use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you've got on your motherboard, at the time of writing. It's located under Mainboard tab, BIOS section. As for the build, how old is the PSU in your system? Does the issue happen only when taxed? When reinstalling GPU drivers, always use DDU to uninstall former drivers, then reboot, then manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>run as Administrator.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RX 6700XT MECH 2X 12G OC

CPU: RYZEN 9 3900X

Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

BIOS Version: Not Sure

RAM: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

PSU: EVGA1000W 80+ GOLD

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19042

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.6.2

Description of Original Problem: PC is crashing while gaming, GPU fans will ramp up (junction temp around 87 when it crashed) and then it will crash to a black screen and I have to reset the computer to bring it back. I've been testing it with a benchmark to see if I can cause the crash and it seems to trigger around the same point every time. Works fine doing normal work but seems to crash anytime there is a load put on it.

Troubleshooting: Reinstalled the GPU drivers multiple times. Not really sure what else to try. I'm assuming its something with the GPU

Seems to me before trying anything else you need to update your bios. Because if you're not sure of the version, it means you never updated it, and that motherboard doesn't ship with an updated one. So get to that and see what happens. Also update chipset drivers for the 3900x.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...UF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_BIOS/ this is your bios

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 these are the chipset drivers

Last edited:

BigBossDarunia

Honorable
Jul 12, 2016
If you're able to get into your OS GUI, use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you've got on your motherboard, at the time of writing. It's located under Mainboard tab, BIOS section. As for the build, how old is the PSU in your system? Does the issue happen only when taxed? When reinstalling GPU drivers, always use DDU to uninstall former drivers, then reboot, then manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>run as Administrator.

its my wife's computer. she has only had the issue happen when she was playing games and said the fan weren't running so I would assume the system isn't being taxed. I used DDU to uninstall the drivers and installed using the admin. No luck. I also tried using an older driver that I was recommended no luck there as well. When I was trying to make it crash it would happen when I was using a benchmark. (I was using the ff14 shadowbringers bench mark and the ff15 benchmark) it consistently crashes around the same point, the monitor with turn off as well as the mouse and keyboard and wont turn on again unless I manually reset the PC

BigBossDarunia

Honorable
Jul 12, 2016

BIOS Is version 4002
PSU is less then 4 months old
Happens while taxed and not taxed, it's my wife's computer and it only happens while gaming but the fans weren't going so I assume the system isn't being taxed. I can recreate the crash by using the FF15 benchmark and I crashes around the same time in the benchmark each time.
I did use DDU and tried version 21.3.1 and version 21.4.1 with no luck. As well as the most current version.

Other thing I noticed anytime I reset the system the GPU fans ramp up not sure why.

BigBossDarunia

Honorable
Jul 12, 2016
Seems to me before trying anything else you need to update your bios. Because if you're not sure of the version, it means you never updated it, and that motherboard doesn't ship with an updated one. So get to that and see what happens. Also update chipset drivers for the 3900x.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C...UF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_BIOS/ this is your bios

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 these are the chipset drivers
Tired updating the BIOS and the chip set. No luck unfortunately