Question RX 6800 vs 1080ti

Hi,
Currently running a 1080ti on 1080p, wanna know if a RX 6800 is worth buying as an upgrade. Not looking for a MAJOR upgrade, just something to keep my system good to go for the upcoming GOW Ragnarok and Cyberpunk, since im having difficulties maintaining 60fps in some areas. I will sell my 1080ti and i will be paying around €200 for the RX 6800.
I already kinda decided to buy the 6800, just need some last minute reassurance about it.
Or is saving money for smth like a 3090/RX7800XT a way better investment, but i think it would require a better PSU to go with it.

Hi,
Currently running a 1080ti on 1080p, wanna know if a RX 6800 is worth buying as an upgrade. Not looking for a MAJOR upgrade, just something to keep my system good to go for the upcoming GOW Ragnarok and Cyberpunk, since im having difficulties maintaining 60fps in some areas. I will sell my 1080ti and i will be paying around €200 for the RX 6800.
I already kinda decided to buy the 6800, just need some last minute reassurance about it.
Or is saving money for smth like a 3090/RX7800XT a way better investment, but i think it would require a better PSU to go with it.
Just use google mate

Don’t touch the 7800

Kinda looking for personal opinions based on personal use and experience, i can look at the stat sheet all i want, but im asking for price/performance value between the two, or potentially saving money for the latest RTX/RX gpu's.

Edit: what do you mean by "dont touch the 7800"
Well you’re getting about 1.5x the performance. You’re not using a GPU that Nvidia is currently gimping through drivers and it’s not a massive upgrade cost.

The 7800 has issues hard crashing PCs, it’s a bit lucky dip. I had the issue, so do others. 6800 is fine

Reactions: Dj0gany
Well you’re getting about 1.5x the performance. You’re not using a GPU that Nvidia is currently gimping through drivers and it’s not a massive upgrade cost.

The 7800 has issues hard crashing PCs, it’s a bit lucky dip. I had the issue, so do others. 6800 is fine
Thanks for the input.
I already thought about those facts, and you are right.
Plus i think using SAM and AMD FSR will be an even better improvement.