autoreverse

Commendable
Aug 27, 2017
My computer boots and runs fine without the APU drivers installed, but suffers from blue screens with them installed. Occasionally there will be a Windows notification after I reboot that reads "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and lists Microsoft Windows as the affected application.

These crashes occur at random - sometimes right after I log in, sometimes after thirty minutes of browsing - but Windows consistently gives me the same error message after each crash:

Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
what failed: atikmpag.sys

Here's what I've tried so far:
  • Reinstalling Drivers
  • Removing Drivers with DDU
  • Overclocking/Underclocking CPU
  • Under/Overvolting RAM
  • Setting RAM to run at 2133/2666/2800 MHZ
  • Updated mobo to latest BIOS
  • Setting graphics to integrated as opposed to external in the BIOS
  • Tested memory for errors (none found)
  • Scanned SSD for errors (none found)
  • Making sure Windows is updated to the most recent build
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Seating RAM in slots a1/b1 and a2/b2
Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2200g

Mobo: ASRock b450m Pro 4

RAM: 2 X G.SKILL Aegis 8GB 2800mhz F4-2800C17S-8GIS

SSD: Kingston A400 240 GB

I've used this ram in a previous Ryzen 1600 build with no issue even though it wasn't on my motherboard's QVL list.

Short of replacing the RAM or doing a fresh install of Windows, I am completely out of ideas. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? You might want to try and work with a single stick of ram on the ram slot designated to run only on one stick of ram. Since you're on the latest BIOS, which version are you on? Did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Lastly, which drivers did you work with?