Sep 22, 2019
Recently I decided to do a upgrade to the ryzen 3700x.
here are the specs:
Ryzen 3700x
H100i pro cooler
Msi mpg X570 gaming edge WiFi mobo
Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz ddr4 ram x 16gb
Pny xlr8 rtx 2070 super
Crucial ssd 250gb ( boot drive)
1tb seagate barracuda hdd
Evga supernova g2 650w psu
Windows 10 fully upto date.
I have done a complete fresh wipe and full clean install of os.
the problem I get is stuttering and general periods of hanging in windows and games. In games such as borderlands 3, battlefield 5, I get the issue where the game crashes for a second the. Catches up to itself, sometimes every 30 seconds sometimes every couple of minutes.

This also happens in windows and the pc hangs before completing a task (ie, clicking start bar to search for a program) and sometimes on launch, windows waits a few minutes after logging in ( almost crashing) showing the white a4 page thumbnail for my desktop icons until it responds and works.

temps seem to be fine, the ryzen runs around 38-40 degrees in ryzen master idle, and about 60-70 under load but it is at 1.47 volts ( Apparantly this is normal from research online for ryzen 7 3700x).
I have updated to the latest bios, enabled xmp profile for ram ( underclocked itself to 2666 at default so I’ve got it set to 3200mhz ).
tried turning pbo off and on but no difference.

I have the latest geforce drivers, I have also tried the empty standby list fix but to no avail. However, yesterday when booting in a cold boot from the pc not running all day o launched borderlands 3 and the stuttering wasn’t happening ( just after clean os install) the. When I closed game and launched later it came back and happened since.
Anyone had any ideas or possible solutions to this? Been driving me nuts all week!

Recently I decided to do a upgrade to the ryzen 3700x.
here are the specs:
Ryzen 3700x
H100i pro cooler
Msi mpg X570 gaming edge WiFi mobo
Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz ddr4 ram x 16gb
Pny xlr8 rtx 2070 super
Crucial ssd 250gb ( boot drive)
1tb seagate barracuda hdd
Evga supernova g2 650w psu
Windows 10 fully upto date.
I have done a complete fresh wipe and full clean install of os.
the problem I get is stuttering and general periods of hanging in windows and games. In games such as borderlands 3, battlefield 5, I get the issue where the game crashes for a second the. Catches up to itself, sometimes every 30 seconds sometimes every couple of minutes.

This also happens in windows and the pc hangs before completing a task (ie, clicking start bar to search for a program) and sometimes on launch, windows waits a few minutes after logging in ( almost crashing) showing the white a4 page thumbnail for my desktop icons until it responds and works.

temps seem to be fine, the ryzen runs around 38-40 degrees in ryzen master idle, and about 60-70 under load but it is at 1.47 volts ( Apparantly this is normal from research online for ryzen 7 3700x).
I have updated to the latest bios, enabled xmp profile for ram ( underclocked itself to 2666 at default so I’ve got it set to 3200mhz ).
tried turning pbo off and on but no difference.

I have the latest geforce drivers, I have also tried the empty standby list fix but to no avail. However, yesterday when booting in a cold boot from the pc not running all day o launched borderlands 3 and the stuttering wasn’t happening ( just after clean os install) the. When I closed game and launched later it came back and happened since.
Anyone had any ideas or possible solutions to this? Been driving me nuts all week!

Just as a test try pointing a fan at the VRM area of the motherboard and see if the problem persists.

Sep 22, 2019
Should of noted I am currently running a 1440p monitor with display port 1.4.
Have two fans directly above it from the rad pulling air through the rad and also an exhaust behind and a couple intakes at the front of case, ( meshify c fractal case). Or you suggesting a tabletop fan?
cheers I’ll give it a go tonight though see if it persists.

Sep 22, 2019
Aww
well the GPU to the screen is connected via display-port just an idea it fixed my stuttering issue
Are you suggesting faulty cable? Just as I used this cable on my old 1070 before I upgraded to 2070 and didn’t have the stuttering issues then so I don’t think it is the cable but if I can find a spare one can give it a try

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Have you stability tested your memory? Memtest 86 is your friend. If it finds instability you can use DRAM calculator and set all of the timings manually. That assumes you don't have a faulty stick of memory. You can also try running the memory at 2666 and see if the stuttering ceases.

Sep 22, 2019
Have you stability tested your memory? Memtest 86 is your friend. If it finds instability you can use DRAM calculator and set all of the timings manually. That assumes you don't have a faulty stick of memory. You can also try running the memory at 2666 and see if the stuttering ceases.
Just ramtest 86, no errors I’m afraid

Sep 22, 2019
Do you have up to date chipset drivers? I suggest downloading the x570 drivers directly from AMD.
I have tried the direct drivers from amd for the chipset, and also the Msi drivers aswell for the X570 on seperate clean installs, also tried doing one after the other to see if there was any difference to no avail - still the same problem.

2x8gb RAM?
Yes, 2x 8gb sticks of ram in the optimal slots ( double checked it, they are in the right slots for dual channel 2 sticks).