[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700X_Arous B450M_RAM upgrade issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwiksondhi

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
PC Specs:
Ryzen 33700X, Gigabyte Aorus B450M, GTX 1660ti, 2X16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz (shorturl.at/jDJW3)
Today I bought another 16 gb ram (same model) to upgrade the system. But after installation the PC will boot but there's no display, I tried different permutations with RAM placements but nothing. All three modules work fine individually and even in pair, its just that the PC won't run with 3 RAMs installed. Please help as I really need this RAM upgrade, I'm facing memory bottlenecks in Adobe After Effects and it is slowing down my work.

Last edited:
Solution
EDIT:
Its FIXED now, I had doubt that it was some BIOS related issue so I went to gigabyte site and there I found the solution..updating my BIOS to F50 but before doing so I had to install 'EC FW Update tool'. This is what Gigabyte page said: "Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU " .

I'm not deleting the thread because I think others might need this solution at some point. Thanks folks.

ritwiksondhi

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
EDIT:
Its FIXED now, I had doubt that it was some BIOS related issue so I went to gigabyte site and there I found the solution..updating my BIOS to F50 but before doing so I had to install 'EC FW Update tool'. This is what Gigabyte page said: "Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU " .

I'm not deleting the thread because I think others might need this solution at some point. Thanks folks.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS