[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Stock Cooler Enough For Gaming / Normal Use

mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
Hello,

I want to know some feedback's if anyone using Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler please let me know your review.

I have a normal case Antec NX 100 with 1 x 120mm fan .

My Room Temp Normally 30-35 , Summer - 40-45 , Winter 15-20 Degrees

Currently using i3 8100 , Normal : 40-50 Degrees , In Load / Gaming : 72-76 Degrees

I dont want to overclock with stock cooler I think default clock will be fine for me

Solution
I had to work with two diferent Ryzen 5 3600 w/stock coolers, my own, and the other one a PC I build last weekend for my brother.

The main diference, the noise, my stock cooler (bought the CPU last year at the end of July) was really noisy. The second one, and I don't know for what reason, is much, much better (noise wise).

The thing is both coolers (around the same time of the year give or take a few days) end up giving the same operating temp 86~87°C while testing with Cinebecnh R20 all cores test for a 10 min loop (you can set this on the program options).

Is this temp great?, No. Is it dangerous?, probably not for the next 5~7 years.

I got an aftermarket cooler and that reduced the temps by a lot, 72.8°C after 30' (mins) of the...

Furzumz

Reputable
Most people I saw on here using stock coolers on ryzen processors seem to generally experience temperatures on the hot side but usually nothing dangerous

If by "enough" you mean enough to keep it at a safe enough temperature then it should be fine. Although it might be on the noisy side compared to better coolers (depending on your noise tolerance level) and it might not boost its clock speed as high.

In short it should be safe. But you might lose out on a bit of extra performance due to higher temperatures not allowing it to use the precision boost feature as much.

Temps.png

Reactions: RodroX and mraazx

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I have the 3700X with the stock cooler and the computer runs fine. I also have an EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra that doesn't seem to be affected either. I'm assuming that the temps you listed are Celsius rather than Fahrenheit.

Reactions: mraazx

mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
I have the 3700X with the stock cooler and the computer runs fine. I also have an EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra that doesn't seem to be affected either. I'm assuming that the temps you listed are Celsius rather than Fahrenheit.
If I am not wrong the 3700X Stock Cooler is much better compared to 3600 . Also What is your in game temp and room temp for CPU ?

mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
Most people I saw on here using stock coolers on ryzen processors seem to generally experience temperatures on the hot side but usually nothing dangerous

If by "enough" you mean enough to keep it at a safe enough temperature then it should be fine. Although it might be on the noisy side compared to better coolers (depending on your noise tolerance level) and it might not boost its clock speed as high.

In short it should be safe. But you might lose out on a bit of extra performance due to higher temperatures not allowing it to use the precision boost feature as much.

Temps.png
I am actually thinking of getting a Deepcool Gammax GTE , I hope it will be under 70 degrees in gaming

Furzumz

Reputable
I am actually thinking of getting a Deepcool Gammax GTE , I hope it will be under 70 degrees in gaming

I dunno if it would keep it 70c or under but I'd imagine it would be better than the stock cooler

There's a lot more heatsink on that thing as well as heatpipes and a much bigger fan compared to the stealth cooler the 3600 comes with

Just gotta make sure it will physically fit in your case

If you wanted something relatively cheap and lower profile you could buy a better ryzen stock cooler off ebay. The wraith prism is only ~$20

Might need to buy thermal paste though if you go that route

Reactions: mraazx
I had to work with two diferent Ryzen 5 3600 w/stock coolers, my own, and the other one a PC I build last weekend for my brother.

The main diference, the noise, my stock cooler (bought the CPU last year at the end of July) was really noisy. The second one, and I don't know for what reason, is much, much better (noise wise).

The thing is both coolers (around the same time of the year give or take a few days) end up giving the same operating temp 86~87°C while testing with Cinebecnh R20 all cores test for a 10 min loop (you can set this on the program options).

Is this temp great?, No. Is it dangerous?, probably not for the next 5~7 years.

I got an aftermarket cooler and that reduced the temps by a lot, 72.8°C after 30' (mins) of the same CB R20 loop.

PD: just to anyone wondering, both stock coolers achieve the same Max 2000 rpm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furzumz
Solution