[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 1700 4ghz audio cutout issue

bartlomiejwierzba

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I overclocked my cpu to 4ghz and it runs fine , only issue is that the audio buzzes for about 1-2 seconds then returns to normal. This occurs randomly, any fix?

Solution
Maybe but more likely its because of the overclocks effecting your audio directly on the board (usually an induced current somewhere affecting your DSP's circuit). It has happened to me and most times easing up the OC or adding a PCIe sound card are your only options though some times a bios/driver update helps if your lucky. I would try updating those first then if that doesn't work make the hard decision on decreasing your OC or getting an sound card so you can isolate it from the electrical noise on the motherboard from your DSP.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Maybe but more likely its because of the overclocks effecting your audio directly on the board (usually an induced current somewhere affecting your DSP's circuit). It has happened to me and most times easing up the OC or adding a PCIe sound card are your only options though some times a bios/driver update helps if your lucky. I would try updating those first then if that doesn't work make the hard decision on decreasing your OC or getting an sound card so you can isolate it from the electrical noise on the motherboard from your DSP.

Solution

bartlomiejwierzba

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

thank you for your reply ,I'll look at getting a sound card because I insist on keeping that 4ghz overclock, And also is the induced current an inherently bad thing?

bartlomiejwierzba

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

I also have the latest bios for my board

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

In a circuit generally yes it is bad. In this case it cost you a DSP...will it hurt your OC...nah