[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x Temperature

May 5, 2022
Hello everyone!
I just made my first pc in december 2021, so happy that I can finally achieve in building the pc of my dreams. Recently I upgrade some parts and I couldnt be happier, but I got a question about the temperature of my cpu.
I got a ryzen 7 3700x and Im using the cooler that came with it, the AMD Wraith Prism. I was playing The Witcher 3 in high settings and I monitor the temperature of my cpu in HWiNFO64 and I dont know if that temperature is ok or not. It shows an average of 72°C when I was playing, reaching at the 76.6°C at highest and 64.8°C at lowest.

Can you help with this? Is this like a normal temperature? I know that my cooler is not the best in my build, but is it what I got.
The specs of my pc are the next:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-A Gaming
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x16gb) 3600mhz
Storage: 2 of 1TB SSD WD Blue SN550
GPU: RTX 3080 Zotac Trinity 10gb
Case: Td500 Mesh Cooler Master
Fans: 4 of Ll120 120mm Corsair RGB
PSU: Corsair RM850x

Please I would appreciate your comments !!

Solution
Hello everyone!
I just made my first pc in december 2021, so happy that I can finally achieve in building the pc of my dreams. Recently I upgrade some parts and I couldnt be happier, but I got a question about the temperature of my cpu.
I got a ryzen 7 3700x and Im using the cooler that came with it, the AMD Wraith Prism. I was playing The Witcher 3 in high settings and I monitor the temperature of my cpu in HWiNFO64 and I dont know if that temperature is ok or not. It shows an average of 72°C when I was playing, reaching at the 76.6°C at highest and 64.8°C at lowest.

Can you help with this? Is this like a normal temperature? I know that my cooler is not the best in my build, but is it what I got.
The specs of my pc are the next...
Hello everyone!

The specs of my pc are the next:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-A Gaming
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x16gb) 3600mhz
Storage: 2 of 1TB SSD WD Blue SN550
GPU: RTX 3080 Zotac Trinity 10gb
Case: Td500 Mesh Cooler Master
Fans: 4 of Ll120 120mm Corsair RGB
PSU: Corsair RM850x

Please I would appreciate your comments !!
Those are perfectly normal temperatures to see with the stock cooler while gaming. The temps will run considerably hotter running a heavy all-core workload such as a video rendering. In that case it may run 85C or more. That may not be desirable because the CPU is pulling back on clocks considerably so performance will suffer but it's still perfectly safe up to 95C, it's Tjmax.

Solution
May 5, 2022
Those are perfectly normal temperatures to see with the stock cooler while gaming. The temps will run considerably hotter running a heavy all-core workload such as a video rendering. In that case it may run 85C or more. That may not be desirable because the CPU is pulling back on clocks considerably so performance will suffer but it's still perfectly safe up to 95C, it's Tjmax.
So the range of cpu temperature while gaming can be between 60-75° without any worries??

So the range of cpu temperature while gaming can be between 60-75° without any worries??
Definitely yes, no worries.

But that's not to say it isn't desireable to improve your CPU's cooling from the stock Prism. Better cooling of a Ryzen CPU is almost like overclocking it as performance simply improves even though temperatures may not change.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Chesterfield