Question Ryzen 7 5800x3d temp

Aug 14, 2023
I have just upgraded my PC with a Ryzen 7 5800X3D and a 6950XT, and I was running some tests to check their performance, particularly focusing on the CPU since I've read that it tends to heat up quite a bit (I've been using HWInfo64). Indeed, during idle, I reach temperatures of 58 - 72 degrees Celsius (that seems a little bit too hot for an idle), whereas during a full stress test with 100% CPU usage (Silverbench), I reach up to 90 degrees Celsius. I also tried a benchmark using 3D Mark and reached a maximum of 89, although I got a very low score for the CPU (which is kinda odd).
I must mention that I've just changed the cooler to an Arctic Freezer II 240mm, performed a clean installation of the entire system, and updated any available BIOS and drivers.

That being said, are these temperatures something I should be worried about? Because with the old Ryzen 5 3600, the highest temperature I ever reached was 80 degrees.

As a final note, I have never done any overclocking, and in case it might be worth considering to lose a few degrees by lowering the voltage?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version? Might also want to include an image of the orientation of your AIO in your case, alongside the number and orientation of your fans in your case.

Aug 14, 2023
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: )
Chassis:
Monitor:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240mm
Motherboard: B450 tomahawk max
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600 MHz C18 (2x16)
SSD/HDD: wd blue sn550 1TB
GPU: XFX 6950 XT Merc
PSU: Corsair Rm850X 80 PLUS Gold (brand new)
Chassis: Meshify C
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CQR (2560x1440)
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
BIOS version is the last one aviable on the MSI website: 7C02v3H
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version?
I did not because I have to check how to do it, but BIOS is 100% successfully update.
Might also want to include an image of the orientation of your AIO in your case, alongside the number and orientation of your fans in your case.
Airflow and cable management is pretty decent for fitting in a Meshify C.
I got 3 fans on the front and 1 on the bottom that pull air into the case.
2 fans (the AIO ones) on the top and 1 on the back that pushes air out.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
have you tried the arctic freezer ii AMD offset mounting ..

Also i have and dont use nothing but a 280mm and now the 360mm arctic freezerii on my 5800x3d build !!

the 5800x3d is a warmer cpu by default as the cache stacking generates more heat !!

maybe remove it try the offset and obviously repaste in the process !!