Status
Not open for further replies.

AyameOP

Reputable
Oct 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm running a 3900x cooled with a Lian Li Galahad 360 on an Asus ROG B550 board, and I'm getting idle temps from 65 to even 80 C and up to 95 under load (measured with both GPUz and Ryzen Master).

I'm running stock speeds, PBO off, AMD Balanced power plan, up to date BIOS with stock settings (except for XMP). I have no idea what to try.

I've had this rig for a while and I haven't noticed this issue until very recently. I changed thermal paste and cleaned everything (even though it hasn't been that long since I built it so everything was pretty clean still) but it didn't do anything. I have ordered some new paste and I'll try that when it gets here, but I seriously doubt that's it.

My airflow is fine, I have my PC on a pretty cool room, my GPU has normal temps, my fan curve is pretty aggressive and even then I still can't get normal temps.

Should I just accept that my CPU is defective and get a new one? Is there anything I can try to solve this issue?

Solution
You really need to determine if your AIO is working correctly?
Check the pump, It should make a slight buzzing sound and see if temps vary inside the tubes into the RAD and out. Sometimes air bubbles can prevent proper liquid circulation and get trapped inside the pump.
Check your Warranty and if the AIO is suspect then RMA.
The temps you describe are definitely abnormal and replacing your TIM won't help. Ensure you have a proper contact at the heat sink and the hold down brackets are not overtightened (finger tight and even) Unlikely if this has just started happening.
Hi everyone,

I'm running a 3900x cooled with a Lian Li Galahad 360 on an Asus ROG B550 board, and I'm getting idle temps from 65 to even 80 C and up to 95 under load (measured with both GPUz and Ryzen Master).

I'm running stock speeds, PBO off, AMD Balanced power plan, up to date BIOS with stock settings (except for XMP). I have no idea what to try.

I've had this rig for a while and I haven't noticed this issue until very recently. I changed thermal paste and cleaned everything (even though it hasn't been that long since I built it so everything was pretty clean still) but it didn't do anything. I have ordered some new paste and I'll try that when it gets here, but I seriously doubt that's it.

My airflow is fine, I have my PC on a pretty cool room, my GPU has normal temps, my fan curve is pretty aggressive and even then I still can't get normal temps.

Should I just accept that my CPU is defective and get a new one? Is there anything I can try to solve this issue?
It's not a CPU problem. The AIO is more than likely failing.

You really need to determine if your AIO is working correctly?
Check the pump, It should make a slight buzzing sound and see if temps vary inside the tubes into the RAD and out. Sometimes air bubbles can prevent proper liquid circulation and get trapped inside the pump.
Check your Warranty and if the AIO is suspect then RMA.
The temps you describe are definitely abnormal and replacing your TIM won't help. Ensure you have a proper contact at the heat sink and the hold down brackets are not overtightened (finger tight and even) Unlikely if this has just started happening.

Solution

AyameOP

Reputable
Oct 3, 2019
A friend of mine will lend me a cooler over the weekend to test, so if my temps are good with that one we'll know that it's the AIO to blame.

I'll update after testing.

Thank you guys.

A friend of mine will lend me a cooler over the weekend to test, so if my temps are good with that one we'll know that it's the AIO to blame.

I'll update after testing.

Thank you guys.
For a start, make pump and fans run at full speed all the time. I'm not familiar with that cooler and don't know how it's connected in your case but most problems are tied to pump connection and regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.