Question Ryzen 9 7950x3d worth it?

Jebetron

Reputable
Oct 28, 2019
Hey, so I've been contemplating about putting the extra money into the forementioned CPU compared to the popular R7 7800x3d.

I mostly play games but also do a fair bit of video editing at 1080p-1440p 60fps. So would the 200€ price difference be justified in either case?

I'm also pairing it with a 4070ti super OR a 4080 (haven't decided yet)

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: artk2219

Lutfij

Titan
If your video editing is your source of income, then yes I would invest on the higher pedigree processor. You'll be fine with the Ryzen 7 7800x3D, if your ratio for gaming to productivity is larger.

Out of curiosity, what motherboard are you going to pair with the processor and GPU? name of the app's you use to edit your videos?

Hi Jebetron. Which video editing software do you use? There is a premium pre-build company named Puget, who has PC hardware recommendation articles, for specific applications (example below). Therefore if you google name of the application, followed by the word "Puget", you'll locate the article . e.g. "Adobe Premiere Pro Puget". You can glance at the article and see how big a factor the CPU, or any other component, is for performance in a specific application.

Hardware Recommendations for Adobe Premiere Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: artk2219