Ryzen system acting strange on boot

Leonard_15

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Recently I put together a ryzen system and everything worked pretty well, temps are low and everything, but there are some problems and I know you guys can help me figure out how to solve them.It's my first AMD based build and there are more...things to be done and really picky settings than my previous Intel ones.
First thing: Almost every time I press the power button, my PC goes full fan speed, even my GPU, and I have to restart it in order to boot properly, as there is no post, just the black screen and the sound of the fans.
Second: There are some times, when my PC goes in a boot loop for about 3 times, then restarts and when I go into the BIOS, the RAM speed is back to stock speeds for DDR4. I set it back to 3000Mhz and boots just fine.
Third: Every time my PC goes in that state of being an absolute a**hole( *first thing* issue) the VGA LED on the motherboard is on.

System specs:
CPU:Ryzen 7 2700 OC at 3,9Mhz in Ryzen Master (at 1.25V)
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (rated for 3000Mhz)
PSU: 650W Cooler Master modular
GPU: RTX 2080 at stock settings
Cooler: Deepcool captain 240 ex
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming
No SSD, only a 1 TB HDD.
Idle temps are good, and load temps are at about 64C for the CPU with the 1.25V( Prime95 and Interburn test) and the GPU is bellow 75C in Furmark.

Thanks, Leonard.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Sounds like Ryzen to me. LOL.

Ok. The reason the computer does the boot loop thing is because it doesn't like your overclock. If it fails to initialize the memory at the speed you set for 3-5 times, it sets everything to default and throws you in to BIOS.

You make sure you have the newest BIOS for your motherboard?

I wouldn't overclock your CPU with Ryzen Master and instead use your motherboard's BIOS. Also 1.25 is too low for that overclock is my guess. That's why it's not stable.

Agree with gazaraki. It sounds like an unstable OC. You would normally be looking at 1.300v - 1.375 for OC on a top Rzyen to hit 3.9/4ghz.

What Prime testing are you using? It should be small FFT's only. This will stress only the CPU for your OC. Temps needs to be below 80c for the CPU.

Leonard_15

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

My BIOS doesn't have the option to set the Vcore manually, only the dynamic Vcore, that's why I use Ryzen Master to set the offset Vcore. The BIOS is up to date and the system boots with the 3000Mhz speed at which is rated, but not always. Also, my RAM speeds only go past 2933Mhz if I leave CPU Clock ratio to auto, because that changes the Vcore SOC( I can't manually, there is no option for that). My only way of running my RAM at it's rated OC speed is to leave the clock ratio on auto(3.2Ghz) and change it along with the voltage in Ryzen Master. This motherboard wasn't my best choice..