Sabertooth P67 & i5 2500k

brisk00

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
I previously had this setup stable at4.5 @ 1.25. Since then I have updated the bios to 3302. I'm one of those guys that always has to have the latest drivers/bios/whatever. But now using the EXACT same settings as before when it was stable, i get no overclock whatsoever. I followed several other guides as well and no OC. I do, however, get a slight overclock when I choose "Performance" in the bios EZ mode, as opposed to choosing the normal or power saving parameters. However this only ups the speed to 3.4. When I load into windows with my own manual overclock settings CPUz shows 3.3. If I enable EIST in bios I can see it changed from 1.6 to 3.3 when needed. This is very frustrating. I have disabled all of the C1, C3, and C6 reports and suggested and nothing. Not sure what to do next as I'm not sure how to safely downgrade my BIOS version without fear of bricking the mobo. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's just as easy to go back to the previos bios as it is to upgrade to the new bios. I've done it many times and there is no issue with going back to the previous bios.
A good rule to follow is to only update the bios if you are having issues and the bios update is going to solve them. Otherwise you should keep the bios that you have because sometimes a bios update can be for a specific thing and have nothing to do with your MB. The bios update also will give you a rundown of the fixes of that bios and you can see before you load it if it's going to help you at all.