Sad news about Omega's drivers:

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!

Pluvious

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:18:32 -0800, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
wrote:

>Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>

>Pluvious

I don't see any banner ads because they are in Flash and I don't use
Flash in FF. I stick to stock drivers now anyway. But best of luck to
Omega.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:41:37 -0800, Connected
<connected@somewhere.here> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:18:32 -0800, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>>

>>Pluvious
>
>I don't see any banner ads because they are in Flash and I don't use
>Flash in FF. I stick to stock drivers now anyway. But best of luck to
>Omega.

Actually I don't see them either but I turned off my ad blocker just
so I could click his. Sounds like he really needs the help since he's
unemployed along with his wife now. :(

I've had to go back to CAT's too and I noticed a drop in framerate
right away. :( (from Omega 4.12b's to CAT 5.3 no CCC)

Pluvious

"Pluvious" <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote in message

> Actually I don't see them either but I turned off my ad blocker just
> so I could click his. Sounds like he really needs the help since he's
> unemployed along with his wife now. :(
>
> I've had to go back to CAT's too and I noticed a drop in framerate
> right away. :( (from Omega 4.12b's to CAT 5.3 no CCC)

I never used the Omega drivers, but I'm still sorry to hear of this (I've
always stuck to the ATI releases). What do you think of the DNA drivers as
found on the Guru 3D site? I had a chat with one bloke working in a local
shop and he swears by them.

JTS

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>
> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>

> Pluvious

lol. i THINK i'LL GET OVER IT!

"Pluvious" <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote in message

> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>
> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>

> Pluvious

That is unfortunate. He has worked hard to offer a good optimized version of
ATI's drivers. I'm sure it is a lot of work, and people are just taking
advantage of the fact that he does all this work for free, and don't care to
donate anything. I used his drivers on and off over the years, and would
donate when I could, usually with every significant release, or a release
that fixed an issue that I had with the official ATI drivers. A few bucks
from everyone who has used his drivers would make his efforts worthwhile.

Anyways, I only say this because I have been down that road before. The
internet is full of 99% greedy people with 1%, or probably less, people who
actually care to pay for something they find useful. Efforts from people
that dedicate their time free of charge, and only hope to break even in the
end. I dedicated hunreds of hours to building a website and adding content,
only to end up in the hole financially because of it.

Well, best of luck to him, and hope things turn around. ATI's drivers have
improved greatly, but Omega drivers always added that little bit of oomph,
or offered a more stable solution.

Maybe I read it wrong but if people do some doating he may continue, but
with the donations droppin off it's not worth his while. I have been
using his drivers for awhile, but I'm one of the guilty of not donating
so I did. Hopefully some more people will too.

Pluvious wrote:

> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>
> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>

> Pluvious

Exactly. Even $5 helps. Imagine if several hundred people that are religious
users donate $5, that should be a big help.

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> "Pluvious" <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Actually I don't see them either but I turned off my ad blocker just
>> so I could click his. Sounds like he really needs the help since he's
>> unemployed along with his wife now. :(
>>
>> I've had to go back to CAT's too and I noticed a drop in framerate
>> right away. :( (from Omega 4.12b's to CAT 5.3 no CCC)
>>

> I never used the Omega drivers, but I'm still sorry to hear of this (I've
> always stuck to the ATI releases). What do you think of the DNA drivers
> as found on the Guru 3D site? I had a chat with one bloke working in a
> local shop and he swears by them.
Same for me - never used them. Tried to install it once some time ago but
the installation messed up, so I deleted it right away and forgot about it.
I am fairly happy with the latest Ati driver.
This guy is in Puerto Rico..outch!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0511-1, 17/03/2005
Tested on: 19/03/2005 10:11:24 AM

I am everything but religious, but if I can dish out hundreds for hardware,
I can also pay 5 bucks for decent drivers that I have been using for months
on different machines with different ATI cards, without any problem.

My contribution just went there and I don't feel better or worse. Good works
needs retribution, that's just the way it is, especially when retribution is
voluntary, based on your satisfaction only.

Peace \/

Lorenzo Sandini, Finland.
www.brokenbones.d2g.com

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:2audnZDbyfZCXKbfRVn-uA@comcast.com...
> Exactly. Even $5 helps. Imagine if several hundred people that are
> religious users donate $5, that should be a big help.
>

> "steve s" <4sstapf@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Maybe I read it wrong but if people do some doating he may continue, but
>> with the donations droppin off it's not worth his while. I have been
>> using his drivers for awhile, but I'm one of the guilty of not donating
>> so I did. Hopefully some more people will too.
>>

>> Pluvious wrote:
>>

>>> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
>>> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
>>> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>>>
>>> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>>>
>>> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>>>

>>> Pluvious

Jez

Pluvious wrote:

> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>
> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>
> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!

Hmmm, how do those things work ? The banner ads ?
If was to click on them, say 10 times, would he get 10 payments from the
sponsors, or, because
I'd be clicking from the same I.P. , would he only get paid the once per
ad ?
'cos I have no problem taking out 10 minutes, and doing mass
add-clicking (LOL), but it would be
pointless if he only got paid the once.

Just a thought.

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

NFS Underground2, Americas Army And MOH-PA

"Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
> Pluvious wrote:
>>
>> Omega has posted a long explanation why no new sets have been released
>> by him in two months. Looks like he's calling it quits, and I for one
>> am deeply saddened to lose his famous drivers.
>>
>> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
>>
>> Ps. Make sure you click on his banner ads too!
>
> Hmmm, how do those things work ? The banner ads ?
> If was to click on them, say 10 times, would he get 10 payments from the
> sponsors, or, because
> I'd be clicking from the same I.P. , would he only get paid the once per
> ad ?
> 'cos I have no problem taking out 10 minutes, and doing mass add-clicking
> (LOL), but it would be
> pointless if he only got paid the once.
>
> Just a thought.

Good point. I think most advertisers have it set to unique IP's once a day
to prevent against just that.

I'm an atheist but I did give him $10 some time ago. He's worked hard and
long, with his talents I can't see why he should have a hard time finding a
job.....may have to move though.