Safe OC w/ Biostar a770e3 + Athlon II X3 435

chico_pr

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi guys!

Just built a home pc with these pieces and was wondering a safe OC with stock fan and heatsink.

Any suggestions? Mobo is a Biostar a770e3 and CPU is an Athlon II X3 435.

Is there a search tool here?

Hey buddy, welcome to THG.

I would say 3.4/3.5Ghz and you will start to see temps raise a bit. Just make sure it does not exceed 60c at load (under stress) and you will be fine. Use speedfan, HW monitor or everest ultimate to monitor temps.

On a side note, I would invest in an aftermarket CPU cooler, this way you don't have to worry about it =)

chico_pr

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hey thanks!

Nice! I'm located at Puerto Rico - ambient temps are high >.<

I don't really want to push it hard. Just a low-mild OC is enough for me. Have you OC'ed an AMD CPU before? What setting should I start playing with? Lemme go read some topics, maybe more details there.

Anyways, thanks for the tip! This place is amazing for the PC enthusiast!

chico_pr

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

Haha, It's a small world.

I go to newegg oftenly for reader reviews and price comparasion but their shipping is pretty high, unless I am missing something. They use UPS, right?

Flate rate for us? Because if it's true, omg i'm so buying from there.

Yea its a flat rate because it would be too expensive to choose second or next day air. Anyways get it from the Egg if you can, in PR there are no good stores to buy from and if you do find the same item it will surely cost more.

Saludos desde Texas !

hehe, yes it's safe. You will have to remove the bracket that comes with the mobo and use the one supplied by the cooler. It has 4 strong screws that holds the cooler firmly in position ;)

My cooler is bigger/heavier than the 212+ and I have zero problems..