[SOLVED] Samsung EVO 970 not showing in bios/disk management

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Motherboard: Gigabyte B350m Gaming 3 (Will be switching to an Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming soon sometime tonight)

This was my first time installing an m.2 NVMe ssd, but it didn't seem that hard. It went in pretty easily, but it went down fairly easily with no resistance and sat flat before I even screwed it down. I don't know if that's an issue or not, but I've seen that that's usually how that slot works. If that isn't really a problem, then what else could the problem be? It shows all my SATA drives, but nothing about my m.2.

Solution
My experience is that a m.2 device will have the end stick up a bit and need the screw to hold it down so that the contacts are secure. Bit, if the screw holes are lined up, you are probably OK.

One other thing to try is to install the samsung pcie nvme ssd driver before installing the device.
As I recall, I had to do this.
May 19, 2020
Some Mobo's Utilize the same lane for the "0" SATA connection and the M.2, especially when there is only one M.2 present on the Mobo. My first inquiry would be to ask if you are currently using that port for a hard drive or SSD. If yes try unplugging it and see if the 970 pops up. (UNLESS ITS YOUR OS DRIVE)

My experience is that a m.2 device will have the end stick up a bit and need the screw to hold it down so that the contacts are secure. Bit, if the screw holes are lined up, you are probably OK.

One other thing to try is to install the samsung pcie nvme ssd driver before installing the device.
As I recall, I had to do this.

Solution