[SOLVED] Samsung Monitor LS32D85KTSR/ZA powers on and off randomly.

Oct 21, 2019
So I recently got a hold of a monitor that someone was getting rid of because they were having problems with it. It sometimes will power on and stay on for several hours until I manually power it off, but 99% of the time it will either not turn on, or it will turn on for a few seconds to a couple minutes and then shut off. If i let it sit long enough, sometimes it will power itself back on. I took out the power supply to see if anything was obviously wrong but I didn't notice anything. I'm not very experienced but I do have access to the tools to check and replace components. I just don't know how to even begin troubleshooting. It seems like if i play with the power cable it sometimes gets power but at this point it is so random when it decides to work that i have begun to question if messing with the cable actually did anything at all. When i was looking at the power supply, the port that the cable plugs into was on there tight so it wasn't a loose connection. When i tried looking up this issue on fourms, they all seemed to assume it was a video feed issue, but my cables and pc work fine on other displays and the few times the display did work, it ran flawlessly for at least 5 hours before I shut it off. When i would come back the next morning though, it would not want to power on or would power off after a short period of time. Does anybody have and ideas on what the issue could be or any advice on how I could troubleshoot it myself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monitor Model: Samsung LS32D85KTSR/ZA
Power Supply Model: Samsung BN44-00750A

Solution
Your post reads like the motherboard and/or the power delivery module(not the power cable) is the part that affected. If you can identify the source of your power on the board is/isn't affected then you could move towards a replacement board.

Lutfij

Titan
Your post reads like the motherboard and/or the power delivery module(not the power cable) is the part that affected. If you can identify the source of your power on the board is/isn't affected then you could move towards a replacement board.

Solution
Oct 21, 2019
Thanks for the advice :D. After messing with it for a good bit, I found out that it will turn on after unplugging and plugging back in a cable that goes from the Power Supply to one of the two back light power ports. It worked after doing that 2 or 3 times every time it shut itself down. I unplugged it from the power supply end. Im starting to think that is is definitely the power supply or the cable. I did swap the cables from each of the back light power ports and it seems to behave the same except, It looks like it powers itself back on within 1-3 minutes after shutting itself down and stays on for roughly 10 minutes or longer. Before i did this, the monitor used to stay off for a much longer period of time before powering itself back on or so long that i would just unplug it before going to bed. The power button only seems to work if i had manually shut it off after it was working. If the display shuts itself down, the power button does nothing.

TRENDING THREADS