Question SAMSUNG NP530U3B BIOS Problem

Jan 18, 2023
Hello!
I have no access to my bios.
F2 doesn`t work
removed RTC Battery, removed main battery (akku).
Tried again. No access.
The start sequence after switching on is so fast, no chance to push the F2 Button.

Are there any jumpers to make a hardware-BIOS reset?
Board is an LOTUS13
i guess the type isBA75-03712C

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023
It sounds like you're having trouble accessing the BIOS on your LOTUS13 BA75-03712C motherboard. Here are a few things you can try:

Check the boot sequence: Make sure that the boot sequence is set to boot from the hard drive first. This will give you more time to press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.

Check the keyboard: Make sure that the keyboard is connected properly and functioning correctly. Try using a different keyboard to see if that resolves the issue.

Check the CMOS jumper: Some motherboards have a CMOS jumper that can be used to reset the BIOS settings. Check your motherboard manual or the manufacturer's website to see if your motherboard has a CMOS jumper and how to use it.

Check the BIOS battery: Make sure that the BIOS battery is properly connected and functioning correctly. Try replacing the battery if you suspect it may be the issue.

Check the power supply: Make sure that the power supply is providing enough power to the motherboard.

Try to access bios with a different method: Some motherboards have a backup bios key, like Del, Esc or F10, try those keys to access the bios.

It's worth noting that all of this troubleshooting steps are suggestions and not a guarantee that it will solve the problem. If the problem persists after trying all the above steps, it may be best to contact the manufacturer or an authorized service center for further assistance.

Jan 18, 2023
Hello and thank you for your reply!
I did this all but no changes, therefor i started the question here.
I found some interesting examples from other users with this samsung ultrabook. The problem seem to be the internal SSD (about 30GB) what is located onboard.
Prior to install any OS, it is needed to deactivate this internal SSD/Flash. I found some videos exactl for the probs with the samsung NP530U2B.
At the moment, due to lack of time i postponed the new trials to fix the notebook.
BTW: Linux was working without any issues 🆒